Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 537
Registered: ‎04-02-2008
0

Tribute is trashed should I trash ORCH too?

Ok so I got my pretty new Amex and chase cards and I want to show them all my love so I have to close my tribute... 100Af/10.00MM f and NOW (as of June 14) 4.95 online payments fees... just makes me sick to my stomach... So today I made my last payment agian to get it to zero and tomorrow after it post I will close it. Now my question is should I close the ORCH too.. Only had it a year, already paid AF and CL is only 400.00 rate is 9.9%. or should I leave it be... these are my cards as they stand now 
Cap 1 15th  1500 /14
 Credit One 2rd PIF 23.9 950 /10.95
ORCH 30th PIF 9.9 400/ 0
Plains 1st  19.9 1370/ 356.55
Tribute 7th  21 0/ 0
Sams 2nd PIF 20.9 500/ 0
AMEX PIF 15.24 1000/ 162
chase 3000/ 100
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Super Contributor
Posts: 6,026
Registered: ‎09-18-2007
0

Re: Tribute is trashed should I trash ORCH too?

If you have already paid the AF then keep the card till the renewal comes. With Orchard, you can call them and tell them you want to close the account. They will transfer you to a different department where they  try to keep you as customer by offering CLI. It worked for many people. You could give it a try. Might work.
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,986
Registered: ‎08-17-2007
0

Re: Tribute is trashed should I trash ORCH too?

[ Edited ]
orchard isn't that bad and will give you clis if you treat them well.  also that's a good interest rate.   tribute is the worst although they did give me 3250 with no fees. But no one is as bad as 1st Premier!!!!!
 


Message Edited by casinoannie97 on 05-20-2008 11:43 AM
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,071
Registered: ‎05-17-2007
0

Re: Tribute is trashed should I trash ORCH too?



Jesedmotherof5 wrote:
Ok so I got my pretty new Amex and chase cards and I want to show them all my love so I have to close my tribute... 100Af/10.00MM f and NOW (as of June 14) 4.95 online payments fees... just makes me sick to my stomach... So today I made my last payment agian to get it to zero and tomorrow after it post I will close it. Now my question is should I close the ORCH too.. Only had it a year, already paid AF and CL is only 400.00 rate is 9.9%. or should I leave it be... these are my cards as they stand now
Cap 1 15th 1500 /14
Credit One 2rd PIF 23.9 950 /10.95
ORCH 30th PIF 9.9 400/ 0
Plains 1st 19.9 1370/ 356.55
Tribute 7th 21 0/ 0
Sams 2nd PIF 20.9 500/ 0
AMEX PIF 15.24 1000/ 162
chase 3000/ 100





Orchard is a good card, subprime but good. It is actually an HSBC card so I'd keep it. After a while you can upgrade to a prime no annual fee card with Orchard or HSBC. So I'd keep it!

I went through your list of cards. I think their might be 1 or 2 more high fee cards I would cancel.

Plains and CreditOne. If they waived the fee to no annual fee, no monthly fee than ok, but I think I saw one that charged a $300+ annual fee is that correct? If so CANCEL. And anther that had a maint fee of $10+. If you have prime cards it is time to close them out. If the Plains card fees have already been paid you can hold until it is ready to bill fees again, then cancel.
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc
Established Contributor
Posts: 537
Registered: ‎04-02-2008
0

Re: Tribute is trashed should I trash ORCH too?

Thanks Pizza I just paid all the AFs.... I know I know... I am def trashing tribute after my new cards report.. Im just soo mad at them and I wont use it and be charge 10 for a maint. fee!
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,279
Registered: ‎08-03-2007
0

Re: Tribute is trashed should I trash ORCH too?



ilovepizza wrote:


Jesedmotherof5 wrote:
Ok so I got my pretty new Amex and chase cards and I want to show them all my love so I have to close my tribute... 100Af/10.00MM f and NOW (as of June 14) 4.95 online payments fees... just makes me sick to my stomach... So today I made my last payment agian to get it to zero and tomorrow after it post I will close it. Now my question is should I close the ORCH too.. Only had it a year, already paid AF and CL is only 400.00 rate is 9.9%. or should I leave it be... these are my cards as they stand now
Cap 1 15th 1500 /14
Credit One 2rd PIF 23.9 950 /10.95
ORCH 30th PIF 9.9 400/ 0
Plains 1st 19.9 1370/ 356.55
Tribute 7th 21 0/ 0
Sams 2nd PIF 20.9 500/ 0
AMEX PIF 15.24 1000/ 162
chase 3000/ 100





Orchard is a good card, subprime but good. It is actually an HSBC card so I'd keep it. After a while you can upgrade to a prime no annual fee card with Orchard or HSBC. So I'd keep it!

I went through your list of cards. I think their might be 1 or 2 more high fee cards I would cancel.

Plains and CreditOne. If they waived the fee to no annual fee, no monthly fee than ok, but I think I saw one that charged a $300+ annual fee is that correct? If so CANCEL. And anther that had a maint fee of $10+. If you have prime cards it is time to close them out. If the Plains card fees have already been paid you can hold until it is ready to bill fees again, then cancel.




They'll let you upgrade to a prime card? I was unaware of that. I should have done that instead of closing mine.
Here we go again...
Established Contributor
Posts: 684
Registered: ‎05-02-2008
0

Re: Tribute is trashed should I trash ORCH too?



FretlessMayhem wrote:




They'll let you upgrade to a prime card? I was unaware of that. I should have done that instead of closing mine.


I was thinking the same thing.  They never offered a CLI, only to waive the AF.  I still closed both of my Orchards.  I was under the impression there was no room for growth with them.
CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,986
Registered: ‎08-17-2007
0

Re: Tribute is trashed should I trash ORCH too?

i had orchard for about 3 years or so and they gave me 3 clis but when i asked them to waive af they wouldn't and i didn't know they had prime cards.  I closed them out.
I have HSBC card since '03 and just got my 2nd cli/no fee but high interest.  They have prime cards but i don't qualify.  Looking back I would have combined both cards.  the interest was lower on orchard.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.