Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried BOA CLI on VIsa Signature

tag
lenz99
New Contributor

Re: Tried BOA CLI on VIsa Signature

I requested CLI on BoA twice and always got "please callback" msg.

First time I left the amount blank and BoA never called me, received $200 CLI few days later.

Second time, requested $1000, BoA called me, left voicemail and I called back later, was asked to confirm income and also the reason for CLI. Got the $1000 CLI I requested, which doubled the CL.

So I would definitely call back if I were called by BoA, otherwise, just wait for a decision and you can always call for recon if its not as expected. But regardless, this message is not a denial.

Message 11 of 15
mahendra82
Contributor

I called them and answered a few questions. I couldn't give a compelling answer/reason for them to increase my credit other than wanting to keep my util low on the card, but they increased my line by 2k (from 8k to 10k). It's not what I was hoping for, but I'll take it. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for the advice everyone. 

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just did a CLI with BoA from $500 CL to $7500.  It was a soft pull. 

I tried from website first and they said call number.  I called the number and the lady gave me the credit increase.  Asked why I was late on a 30 day payment a year and 1/2 ago and I just stated holiday season and forget to pay (which was true).

Message 13 of 15
HiLine
Blogger

@MrShush wrote:

I did the same thing last Sunday. Requested a CLI with BoA and left the amount blank. Got the message to call them but I didn't. They called Monday and I ignored. Tuesday they called and I reluctantly picked up . Spoke to a very nice lady (who seemed nervous, maybe she was new) and I told her I'd like to take advantage of a BT since my plain old Platinum Plus MC is fixed at 9.99%. She asked which card I'd be interested in transferring from, yada yada yada, she said she could increase me to 10,000 and my other FIA issued card with a line of  13,000 would be left untouched. I was all like 'sweet' and that was that. The kicker, my Bank of America limit was $500. Yep, that's right kids, a 9500 increase. 

What is it? A 19x CLI? Congratulations on setting the record! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 15
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

I did the same thing last Sunday. Requested a CLI with BoA and left the amount blank. Got the message to call them but I didn't. They called Monday and I ignored. Tuesday they called and I reluctantly picked up . Spoke to a very nice lady (who seemed nervous, maybe she was new) and I told her I'd like to take advantage of a BT since my plain old Platinum Plus MC is fixed at 9.99%. She asked which card I'd be interested in transferring from, yada yada yada, she said she could increase me to 10,000 and my other FIA issued card with a line of  13,000 would be left untouched. I was all like 'sweet' and that was that. The kicker, my Bank of America limit was $500. Yep, that's right kids, a 9500 increase. 

What is it? A 19x CLI? Congratulations on setting the record! Smiley Happy

Is that a record?

I will say the card has been seeing regular duty nowadays. A few months back, they offered to change the card to a 3-2-1 Rewards World MC ($50 incentive to boot) so I rotate daily purchases between this and the Chase Freedom.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.