Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried BOA CLI on VIsa Signature

tag
mahendra82
Contributor

Tried BOA CLI on VIsa Signature

I clicked on the CLI button and left the amount requested blank. I got the dreaded "call us now for a decision" message. :-( 

I've had the card for 6 months now, and I've always paid in full. My usage ranges from 1k to 3.5k per month over the past half year. 

Any advice?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
android01
Valued Contributor

Re: Tried BOA CLI on VIsa Signature

Do you know if you had a soft or hard pull, and from which CRA?  I've heard BOA is doing hard pulls for CLI these days...

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 2 of 15
mahendra82
Contributor

No hard pull - they softed EX though (checked through backdoor). 

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not familiar with the BoA Visa (I don't have one) is that message you received usually mean "decline"?

Did you call them?

Message 4 of 15
mahendra82
Contributor

They are close right now so I really can't call them. I'm not sure if it's a decline, but I'm not optimistic. 

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mahendra82 wrote:

They are close right now so I really can't call them. I'm not sure if it's a decline, but I'm not optimistic. 

Have a little faith Smiley Happy

I will be hoping for you, let us know the outcome.

Wishing you the Best!!

Message 6 of 15
vish1
Valued Contributor

@mahendra82 wrote:

It's not a decline for sure. I got the same message, called back and they asked me why did I need a CLI, I told them that I was going to take a european vacation and would prefer to use only my BofA card. My CL was 7500 and I had asked for 15000, she said, she can give me only 10,000 and I said done. I called up again 2-3 days later to lower my apr from 18.99 to 0 which she declined but made it 13.99   I dont carry a balance but wanted to get a low apr just to feel good.

In your case, as you said, you have never paid late, I am pretty sure you will have no problem getting a good CLI. Just keep a reason handy. (If you dun like europe, you can travel to vegas Smiley Wink )

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 7 of 15
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I did the same thing last Sunday. Requested a CLI with BoA and left the amount blank. Got the message to call them but I didn't. They called Monday and I ignored. Tuesday they called and I reluctantly picked up . Spoke to a very nice lady (who seemed nervous, maybe she was new) and I told her I'd like to take advantage of a BT since my plain old Platinum Plus MC is fixed at 9.99%. She asked which card I'd be interested in transferring from, yada yada yada, she said she could increase me to 10,000 and my other FIA issued card with a line of  13,000 would be left untouched. I was all like 'sweet' and that was that. The kicker, my Bank of America limit was $500. Yep, that's right kids, a 9500 increase. See my thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Meh/m-p/902898#M261487

When they call you tomorrow, don't be afraid to pick up the phone Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 15
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

@mahendra82 wrote:

It's not a decline for sure. I got the same message, called back and they asked me why did I need a CLI, I told them that I was going to take a european vacation and would prefer to use only my BofA card. My CL was 7500 and I had asked for 15000, she said, she can give me only 10,000 and I said done. I called up again 2-3 days later to lower my apr from 18.99 to 0 which she declined but made it 13.99   I dont carry a balance but wanted to get a low apr just to feel good.

In your case, as you said, you have never paid late, I am pretty sure you will have no problem getting a good CLI. Just keep a reason handy. (If you dun like europe, you can travel to vegas Smiley Wink )

+1 vish you are the best. Smiley Wink not only did you inadvertently give me advise on how to succeed on the cli's but you do it exactly the way i would do it and have the same motivations in it too. not only did you take care of the cli, you were smart enough to take care of the APR as well! HAHA! you know you can travel the world in VEGAS!

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 9 of 15
vish1
Valued Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

@vish1 wrote:

@mahendra82 wrote:

+1 vish you are the best. Smiley Wink not only did you inadvertently give me advise on how to succeed on the cli's but you do it exactly the way i would do it and have the same motivations in it too. not only did you take care of the cli, you were smart enough to take care of the APR as well! HAHA! you know you can travel the world in VEGAS!

Whatever happens in vegas stays in vegas Smiley Wink

They say, if you know how to travel in vegas, you don't need to travel the world...

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.