Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried Chase again

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Tried Chase again

Pulled the trigger on the Chase Slate for the BT offer. Figured what's one more inquiry and I can officially garden starting May. Once again, no dice. I had a successful recon with Amex....but I think I'll give the dream of being in the Chase family up :-p
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
black_citi
Established Contributor

Re: Tried Chase again

Im in the same boat. I will wait a year without applying for anything and see what happens. I want that freedom and amazon visa.
Make More, Spend Less
Message 2 of 17
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Don't give up, just keep trying after 6 months or a year. I got approved for the Chase Amazon Visa with scores of 621, It took me three recons to get it approved with SL of $500.

Chase and Citibank I feel like are the hardest to get in.

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 3 of 17
VinnyVee
Contributor

In my experience it seems they tend to appreciate those that bank with them as well. Black_citi, im surprised you havent been approved for either of them. I was instantly approved for those cards with scores a bit below yours.

(started in the mid 500s on all 3, 11/13)
As of 5/22/15 EX: 698, EQ: 700, TU: 703
Barclay Rewards: $2750, Capital One Quicksilver one: $4300, Discover IT : $300, Amazon Visa: $100. Best Buy Credit Card: $3000, Kohl's Charge: $300, Express: $2600, Overstock $1650, Chase Freedom $4700, AMEX Everday $1500, Serta iComfort $4700, Walmart $1600, Target $300
Message 4 of 17
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I plan on getting a house sometime next summer so I want a solid year of no HPs. So any card I don't get before May 1 won't happen for another year lol
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K

Message 5 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@icyhot wrote:
I plan on getting a house sometime next summer so I want a solid year of no HPs. So any card I don't get before May 1 won't happen for another year lol

The Chase decline was no surprise OP, based on what you've shared in other threads Smiley Wink  And, since you're gearing up for a mortgage next year (provided your deadline for HPs is 5/1) then you've got 7 days left to go!

Message 6 of 17
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

That Sucks.

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 7 of 17
icyhot
Valued Contributor

True! I just said what the heck. Maybe next year but I don't plan on having any balances to transfer so welp :-)

Message 8 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@icyhot wrote:
True! I just said what the heck. Maybe next year but I don't plan on having any balances to transfer so welp :-)

Well, you gave it a shot and now you know what needs to be done to qualify for it the next time around (post-mortgage).

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot wrote:
Pulled the trigger on the Chase Slate for the BT offer. Figured what's one more inquiry and I can officially garden starting May. Once again, no dice. I had a successful recon with Amex....but I think I'll give the dream of being in the Chase family up :-p

dont waste ur hps, i dont know what is their deal! im in with everybody except them! oh well! my vantage scores suck! grr

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.