Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried Chase again

tag
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Re: Tried Chase again

@icyhot wrote:
Pulled the trigger on the Chase Slate for the BT offer. Figured what's one more inquiry and I can officially garden starting May. Once again, no dice. I had a successful recon with Amex....but I think I'll give the dream of being in the Chase family up :-p

Whhhhhhhhyyyyy do people keep using the word family when referring to companies?!? There is nothing family about it!!! I would understand if Chase shared some of their profits with you, otherwise they are just another business...

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 11 of 17
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Kostya1992 wrote:

@icyhot wrote:
Pulled the trigger on the Chase Slate for the BT offer. Figured what's one more inquiry and I can officially garden starting May. Once again, no dice. I had a successful recon with Amex....but I think I'll give the dream of being in the Chase family up :-p

Whhhhhhhhyyyyy do people keep using the word family when referring to companies?!? There is nothing family about it!!! I would understand if Chase shared some of their profits with you, otherwise they are just another business...

Thank you. I find the "family" and the "luv button" things kind of strange to be honest.

They're a business. A company who sets out to make money. You are given credit cards because the company wants to make money off of you. There is no higher reason or "family love" there. It's business.

If it makes you feel warm and fuzzy to say Chase family, then so be it. But we are all just numbers and we are one cardholder out of many,  many, many cardholders.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kostya1992 wrote:

@icyhot wrote:

For someone who PIFs like I do, Chase IS sharing their profits with me with the rewards they're giving me on their cards. #ChaseFamily #ProudMember

Message 13 of 17
chalupaman
Super Contributor

AFAIK, these CC companies still make money somehow, otherwise they wouldn't be in business. I'm pretty sure companies like Chase still make a profit from swipe fees and other costs there. The rewards have to come from somewhere, besides the interest that they get from some people. It acts as an incentive for people to keep their cards and to continue to use them in the first place. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 14 of 17
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Really??? They will charge you 22.99% APR while giving you 1% cashback lol...

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 15 of 17
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

I totally agree about the whole "family" thing... LOL  Cardholders are just a number. 

I've yet to be able to secure a Chase approval... never had a card with them and they deny me based on my 6 year old BK13.  A recon call requesting a $500 Freedom was still denied despite the fact I have multiple $5-$10k cards from banks not named NFCU.

I'm sure they'll be throwing cards at me at the end of the year when my BK13 stuff falls off my reports and I'm sitting pretty at 750+...  I'm gardening till then anyway so we'll find out soon enough.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 16 of 17
taxi818
Super Contributor

Think i was declined 3 times with chase over the last 18 months. i also agree. we are not family. i think that started from discover saying that to people. anyway. i am firm believer that its not score that chase is looking at but num of inquiries in last 6 months. since my last app with them and now. i finally got that down to 1-2 in last 6 months. and finally got first pre approval for slate and freedom. now i apped within 1 min of seeing that pre approval. jumped out of garden. got approved after 11 days. but it was a hellish nightmare. so they seem to be much harder than amex in my opinion. so really a wasted hp. unless you are riding their pre approval website.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.