cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried Citi pre-qualification site, odd result...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried Citi pre-qualification site, odd result...

...I got the "We couldn't match your records to a pre-qualified credit card offer", which I was expecting, but I got a "you may like" offer for the Costco Anywhere Visa card - with a single-figure 16.24% APR offer and a 0% balance transfer offer for 7 months. I guess the records Citi's computers were scanning show I'm a Costco member (I have to renew my membership this month, though). With a single-figure offer from the Citi site even if it's not "pre-qualified"/"pre-approved", is it worth trying for since the odds are usually good on single-figure offers? The other "you may like" offers on the results page were all marketing spreads of 13.99%/14.99%/15.99% to 24.99.%

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tried Citi pre-qualification site, odd result...

I believe the citi costco visa has a set apr for that product. Which means if your approved with a 750+ fico or a 670 fico you will get the same apr. Someone please correct me if im wrong.
Message 2 of 3
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Tried Citi pre-qualification site, odd result...

@Anonymous wrote:
I believe the citi costco visa has a set apr for that product. Which means if your approved with a 750+ fico or a 670 fico you will get the same apr. Someone please correct me if im wrong.

Nope, you're right. 

Also, even if you get it, you can't trust that Costco Visa preapproval at all. Twice now I've been preapproved for it, only to be shot down. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.