Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried to get enrolled in the Disc Dbl CB....LOL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tried to get enrolled in the Disc Dbl CB....LOL

Why do you PIF on a card that has 0% interest? That allows the bank to make interest on money that you could be making interest on. If you had a $2000 balance on a 0% card for a year, and you kept the money in savings for the whole year at 1%, you'd have $20 extra when you paid off the balance.

Message 11 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Nothing beats a failure like a try pizza1! Smiley Very Happy At least you gave it a shot. How did you miss the window of opportunity to sign up a couple months ago? It was a hot topic around here for weeks.

That's what I wondered too considering she was pretty active during that time when the thread was floating around. 

I was too busy applying for store cards during that frame to notice!!  LMAO!!  Now, that im gardening, I notice everything!!! Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Nothing beats a failure like a try pizza1! Smiley Very Happy At least you gave it a shot. How did you miss the window of opportunity to sign up a couple months ago? It was a hot topic around here for weeks.

That's what I wondered too considering she was pretty active during that time when the thread was floating around. 

I was too busy applying for store cards during that frame to notice!!  LMAO!!  Now, that im gardening, I notice everything!!! Smiley Wink

kermit.jpg

Message 13 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Why do you PIF on a card that has 0% interest? That allows the bank to make interest on money that you could be making interest on. If you had a $2000 balance on a 0% card for a year, and you kept the money in savings for the whole year at 1%, you'd have $20 extra when you paid off the balance.

might be hard for you to understand, but here it goes.....

Im 2 yrs post a BK7. I dont want to ever in my life get into the habit of carrying balances, and rack up debt. I have no need to carry a balance, because I dont spend beyond my means anymore. I PIF everything, let a very small balance report (1%) each month for FICO scoring purposes only. Im doing what works for me right now, and considering that this is the first time in my life that Ive never had CC debt, I want to keep it that way. 

I dont want to be like...well, ok, just this once Ill utilize the 0% and carry a balance, and go buy something expensive Ive been wanting and pay it off.  NO NO NO!! Im concentrating on building my savings, and STAYING in the habit of PIF.  It keeps me responsible, and I like the feeling. Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

kermit.jpg

LMAO!!  Its true!!  Everyone knows that!!  LOL  Smiley Happy.. But not anymore...Im done! Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

See how harmful applying for store cards is? You miss out on the essentials.
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

Im 2 yrs post a BK7. I dont want to ever in my life get into the habit of carrying balances, and rack up debt. I have no need to carry a balance, because I dont spend beyond my means anymore. I PIF everything, let a very small balance report (1%) each month for FICO scoring purposes only. Im doing what works for me right now, and considering that this is the first time in my life that Ive never had CC debt, I want to keep it that way. 

I dont want to be like...well, ok, just this once Ill utilize the 0% and carry a balance, and go buy something expensive Ive been wanting and pay it off.  NO NO NO!! Im concentrating on building my savings, and STAYING in the habit of PIF.  It keeps me responsible, and I like the feeling. Smiley Wink

Fair enough, I understand.

I wasn't implying buying something expensive that you wanted though, just regular expenses. The example I gave you is basically my Amex card which has 0% and a $2000 balance. Most of it is just normal expenses, a lot of it gas and groceries, so I'm getting those interest free for a year, and keeping the money in an Ally savings account. But, I don't have a BK and have never had any CC debt, and I'm also a math nerd so any extra % is fun to get.

Message 17 of 18
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm the exact same way you are and I think we will not ever go back to where we once were. Credit is not income, so I don't spend it as such!! Great job and keep up the good work!

Personal:

Business:

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.