Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trip down memory lane

tag
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Trip down memory lane

I started coming on to the my fico community in June of 2011. At that time my scores where in the 730-750 range. I really had no idea at the time that it was overdue for me to start changing my credit profile and I honestly had not idea where to start.  I had tried to app many years before I came here and just grew sick of denials so I stuck with cards that were killing me with monthly and yearly fees. People on these boards helped me tremendously. I decided to go back to one of my earlier posts on my credit card line up (12/23/2011).  Look at what i had at that time! I still don't have the profile I want but it has surely come a long way. That is thanks to this forum and the advice I was given...I am so grateful I came here!

Amex Blue Cash Preferred C/L: $8100  (had just apped and received this one at that time after advice on the forum

Citi - C/L: $9600 limit

Chase Freedom -  C/L:$3000

Target Visa-  C/L: $1500.00

Care Credit - C/L:$5400 (closed shortly after 12/23/2011)

First Premier - C/L: $1100 (was my oldest account at that time - closed shortly after 12/23/2011..was paying 7 dollars monthly and a $59 yearly fee)

HHB MC- C/L: $800  (closed shortly after 12/23/2011 - Cap 1 took them over - was paying a $50 yearly fee)

HHB Premier Visa C/L:$400  (closed shortly after 12/23/2011 - was paying a $50.00 yearly fee)

Applied Bank -  C/L: $2200.00  (closed shortly after 12/23/2011 - was paying an $80 yearly fee and nearly 25% interest)

My line up now:

Amex Blue Cash Preferred C/L: $15000

Citi - C/L: $12500

Barclay Rewards World MC -  C/L: $10900

Walmart  MC - C/L: $7500

Amex Everyday - C/L: $5000.00

Chase Freedom - C/L: $4500.00

Target Visa - C/L:$1500 (now my oldest account...mostly sockdrawered)

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: Trip down memory lane

Been a long journey for you, congrats

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 3
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Re: Trip down memory lane

@ojefferyo wrote:

Been a long journey for you, congrats

Yes it has!!!  Thanks!

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.