Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TripRewards MasterCard

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

TripRewards MasterCard

Does any one have a TripRewards MasterCard from BOA? I have a 99/500 card now and in the next 4 months once it becomes unsecured, I am thinking of changing it over to TripRewards MasterCard. Any suggestions as to which BOA card I should switch over to when the time comes?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: TripRewards MasterCard

Good question concord! You've had your card a little longer than I've had mine. Keep me posted with what you come up with, ok?

BTW, have you checked your account online recently? It seems they changed the nomenclature of the card to add - Emerging Credit.... at least on mine they did. That wasn't there in December or January.
Message 2 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi Sylvia, I have checked my BOA Visa Account just now. It says Platinum Card. Does not say anything to do with Emerging Credit. I got my account in Sept 07. So Feb 22nd it would complete 5 billing cycles. They said after 9 billing cycles they would make it unsecure. Hopefully by June 22nd the account should be unsecure and I could try for a product change and CLI.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi concord and thanks. Maybe your scores are higher, fewer lates, different area of the country....who knows?

I wish you luck on going to unsecure status, cli, and product change. Please keep us all posted. I'm most curious how they treat others with the 99/500 card. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi Sylvia, more than the name, it is the convenience I like having this card. I have complete banking with BOA Personal/Business/Savings/Retirement every thing. By having this account it makes it easy for me to manage my finance easily. Hopefully one day they will make it unsecure and give CLI to make it real worth while in using the card. I am happy for now. Let us see what next 4 months brings to this card.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

Mine says Emerging Platinum plus Visa now the only thing I find different on my statement is the Interest rate is lower now . I don't know why the name change .
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.