grubs
Valued Member

Re: Triple Pull

@creditnocash wrote:

@grubs wrote:

@sakhalin070 wrote:

@grubs wrote:

@sakhalin070 wrote:

Capital One triple pulls regardless.  I am a fulltime student with a low income and AMEX only pulled Experian for me.  I've heard of them double pulling other students with low income, though.

Do you mind sharing numbers? I see you have an amex blue(not sure Which exactly). What was your income, aaoa at the time of approval? I am also a full time student with low income. Thanks!

I have the BCE.  At approval my income was $15k, AAoA was 2 years 1 month, and utilization was at 6%.  My EX FICO was 776.

Awesome. What do you think my chances are? Aaoa is 1 year 10 months, utiliization 7% Ex fico is 721. clean report no negatives and about 2 inquries on ex.

edit: income 10k

i was about to say you have a good shot but then you edited. 

how high of a cl do you think you would get if you make less then 1000 a month before taxes. 

obviously you dont have control over it if your a student i guess. 

Haha yeah it was a critical peice I left out so I had to edit to add. Honestly I would take a toy limit lol. My highest limit currently is 1500. With three total accounts all of them are at least $1000

Message 11 of 16
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

@grubs wrote:

@sakhalin070 wrote:

@grubs wrote:

@sakhalin070 wrote:

Capital One triple pulls regardless.  I am a fulltime student with a low income and AMEX only pulled Experian for me.  I've heard of them double pulling other students with low income, though.

Do you mind sharing numbers? I see you have an amex blue(not sure Which exactly). What was your income, aaoa at the time of approval? I am also a full time student with low income. Thanks!

I have the BCE.  At approval my income was $15k, AAoA was 2 years 1 month, and utilization was at 6%.  My EX FICO was 776.

Awesome. What do you think my chances are? Aaoa is 1 year 10 months, utiliization 7% Ex fico is 721. clean report no negatives and about 2 inquries on ex.

edit: income 10k

Are you looking at applying for a charge, or revolver?  I think you have a very good chance for a charge card.  Your report looks clean enough for a revolver, but your income may be an issue.  Have you received any pre-screened offers from AMEX?  I received a bunch of pre-approvals for AMEX revolvers before I decided to apply for the BCE.

Also, AMEX matched my BCE CL with my Citi Forward.  What are your other cards with their limits?

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 12 of 16
grubs
Valued Member

Are you looking at applying for a charge, or revolver?  I think you have a very good chance for a charge card.  Your report looks clean enough for a revolver, but your income may be an issue.  Have you received any pre-screened offers from AMEX?  I received a bunch of pre-approvals for AMEX revolvers before I decided to apply for the BCE.

Also, AMEX matched my BCE CL with my Citi Forward.  What are your other cards with their limits?

Well I have been preselected for the gold revolver. I would like to get a revolver, but if I have to go the charge rout to get my foot on the door I will.

current cards

ge/auto store card---$1500

golden one credit union student visa---$1000

citi student foward---$1300

Message 13 of 16
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

@grubs wrote:

Well I have been preselected for the gold revolver. I would like to get a revolver, but if I have to go the charge rout to get my foot on the door I will.

current cards

The "Gold revolver"? You mean the Gold Charge, right? lol.  If you want you might as well try applying for the revolver straight away and if you get denied, apply for a charge, and then try for the revolver again in a few months.  One extra HP isn't going to kill you.

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 14 of 16
grubs
Valued Member

@sakhalin070 wrote:

@grubs wrote:

current cards

The "Gold revolver"? You mean the Gold Charge, right? lol.  If you want you might as well try applying for the revolver straight away and if you get denied, apply for a charge, and then try for the revolver again in a few months.  One extra HP isn't going to kill you.

Gold charge** lol 

you are right, I will go ahead and do that thanks for the info! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 16
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

@grubs wrote:

@sakhalin070 wrote:

@grubs wrote:

current cards

Gold charge** lol 

you are right, I will go ahead and do that thanks for the info! Smiley Happy

I would say apply for the charge card. I just got approved for the amex green and my credit file and income are identical to yours. Also, if you get denied for a revolver, you won't be able to apply until next month. My dad just got denied for amex delta, and he had the gold charge card for a year.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.