Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with WaMu -> Chase reporting...

tag
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Trouble with WaMu -> Chase reporting...

Anyone else having a problem with the reporting of their converted WaMu credit card accounts? Both my old and new accounts are reporting on TU with balances. Since it is a closed account this is killing my UTIL. They also reported the new, closed account as "Closed by grantor" when the old, closed account was actually closed by me and reports that way. I suspect the same thing is happening on EQ as I was rewarded with an 11 point SW FICO decrease when the new Chase account reported. EX seems to be reporting correctly. I won't be able to know totally what is going on until I can pull a new TC which will be 30MAR. I also have a second, open account which has not reported yet (and has a zero balance). I will report further then. In the meantime the rest of you may want to be on the lookout for a similar problem.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
mphan
Contributor

Re: Trouble with WaMu -> Chase reporting...

I'm not sure if I get this wrong but they don't report converted account as new account. Did you close your WaMu and app for new Chase CC?
---------------
In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My two WAMU accounts are on all 3 of my reports as CHASE as of today. My original opening dates and all other information is exactly the same.  The only thing that has changed is the fact that WAMU was replaced with the name CHASE.
Message 3 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

@jmbfl wrote:
Anyone else having a problem with the reporting of their converted WaMu credit card accounts? Both my old and new accounts are reporting on TU with balances. Since it is a closed account this is killing my UTIL. They also reported the new, closed account as "Closed by grantor" when the old, closed account was actually closed by me and reports that way. I suspect the same thing is happening on EQ as I was rewarded with an 11 point SW FICO decrease when the new Chase account reported. EX seems to be reporting correctly. I won't be able to know totally what is going on until I can pull a new TC which will be 30MAR. I also have a second, open account which has not reported yet (and has a zero balance). I will report further then. In the meantime the rest of you may want to be on the lookout for a similar problem.

the EQ decrease may be unrelated.  at least in my case it is only TU reporting the same closed acct as Chase and Wamu.  i think i noticed it the first day the dupe appeared on TU since i am monitoring and i saw an increase in the number of closed accts. and thought uh oh AA.  in any case, i simply disputed the old wamu as taken over by another lender. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

i received a response from transunion:  "new information" which i guess means confirmed since it was not removed!  WTH?  is there a credit reporting number for Chase that we can call to straigten this out?
Message 5 of 10
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

If the information on EX is reporting correctly, give it some time because TU and EQ don't update as quick as EX.
Message 6 of 10
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

@score_building wrote:
i received a response from transunion:  "new information" which i guess means confirmed since it was not removed!  WTH?  is there a credit reporting number for Chase that we can call to straigten this out?

The info off the TC TU "Change Report" says:

CHASE BANK USA NA

BANK ONE CARD SERV 800

BROOKSEDGE BLV

WESTERVILLE, OH 43081

(800) 945-2006

Please report what happens if you call.

Message 7 of 10
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
If the information on EX is reporting correctly, give it some time because TU and EQ don't update as quick as EX.

The problem isn't that we are waiting for it to update, but that it already has updated and that it has been updated incorrectly! You can sit around and wait for a miraculous correction if you want. (Lots of luck.) Those of us who care about the content of our credit reports are going to take action. I know I will be just as soon as I can define the extent of the problem. (Which will be on Monday.)
Message 8 of 10
sitfico
Established Member

Similar situation. Already had 2 Chase accounts  and decided to payoff a closed Wamu  during the transition.  Wamu usually reports around 7th, TC pull  on 2/27 show Wamu on all 3 CRs. Myfico pulls on 3/13 TU- Wamu old balance,  EQ -Chase old balance. On 18th received SW alert(Chase) with new bal  of 0. On 20th receive TC alert about new account(Chase) added on  EQ but TC TU update shows 2 accounts  Wamu w/old balance and Chase w/new balance. Will be a few days before I can pull a full TC report. No score change with SW alert.

Starting Score: 662/642
Current Score: 685/676
Goal Score: 722/722

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

thanks for listing Chase info. jmbfl.  as it turns out, i didn't have to call them because after i received the "information updated' TU response this morning instead of a balance update (both tradelines are still reporting the same outstanding balance) or deletion from the online dispute... this afternoon, i disputed by phone, this time targeting the balances 'incorrect amount' as the reason for the dispute.  while this may have just been a glitch with the recent take over reporting.  i don't think one lender is permitted to duplicate the reporting of the same outstanding balance under the guise of two separate entities.

since the age of this acct is significantly less than my AAoA, not to mention the uti impact, it is a damaging entry.  i noticed the duplicative wamu entry had been completely removed when i arrived home this evening.  i think my relative cynicism about human intervention from the cra  (preferring instead to use the online method for issues i don't figure will escalate to litigation) was challenged today with a speedy response to the dispute by phone.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.