Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True Credit

tag
Niki9
Regular Contributor

True Credit

Lately TC has been adding things to its site - I check almost everyday.

They have the dispute link now - which just tells you to go to another web site

Well,

I tried to check my score today and found out that I have to call customer service and verify who I am.

I have had this account for some time.  I am a little nervous.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: True Credit

Why are you nervous? That is pretty common any way.
Message 2 of 8
Niki9
Regular Contributor

concorduser wrote:
Why are you nervous? That is pretty common any way.

I have heard that they have cancelled people because they check their accounts everyday.

I hope there isn't any fraud warnings.  I have had someone use my info for credit before.  And about a year ago my purse was stolen.  I don't want to put any fraud alerts because I don't want it to be difficult for me to access my credit.

Why do they make you call and verify who you are?

Message 3 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I have been checking my account every day for last 8 months. Nothing happend.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same message a few days ago.  There seemed to be a problem with the site's security certificate.  I logged out, closed my browser, restarted it, and logged back in again.  That resolved the problem.

The General Credit Issues forum has a number of posts in the last few days complaining about the same thing.

Message 5 of 8
Niki9
Regular Contributor

cheddar wrote:
I got the same message a few days ago.  There seemed to be a problem with the site's security certificate.  I logged out, closed my browser, restarted it, and logged back in again.  That resolved the problem.

The General Credit Issues forum has a number of posts in the last few days complaining about the same thing.

After a few tries it let me back in.

Thanks

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use them as well. I don't check everyday, but probably once a week. So, I personally haven't had a problem...glade to know how to fix it though Smiley Happy

Also, are they real scores? I've noticed that they are about 40 pts higher than myfico. It almost seems like the whole "know your credit score" a somewhat waste of time. Granted, it all gives me a general idea and what I need to do to fix it.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most lender use FICO scores, and you can only get them here, at myfico. TC scores are FAKO scores and are useless. they are usually different from FICO scores, and I have seen them higher and lower. I mainly use TC just for monitoring of activity on all  3 CRA's.  FICO = Real Scores    FAKO = Fake Scores
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.