Established Contributor
plasticguy

True Or False about the new Laws

HSBC tells me that the new laws passed by congress is forcing them to raise my rate on the HSBC Cash Fly card from 14.99 to 20.99, but GM Card also issued by them will going to a 6.99 V. Currently it's at 6.74 I know they are two different cards, but really! I told them congress did not tell them to raise rates to 20%! I'm I right or wrong?
Contributor
wajj

Re: True Or False about the new Laws

You're right.

But, since they can no longer raise your rate for longer than 6 months no matter what, everyone is going to pay and have sky high interest rates.  That way, the CC companies are covered against people who miss payments, go over the limit, default on their cards (all things that would normally have preciptated a permanent interest rate hike if not outright card closure).  Those of us who don't do those things get to pay too.  AIn't credit card reform wonderful :smileyvery-happy:

Established Contributor
plasticguy

And with the tacky 3k limit, it's like having a dept store card. They won't make a penny in interest from me:smileyvery-happy:
Established Contributor
Uncle_Money

You're probably right. However, I'm noticing recent rate increases by certain lenders, especially among HSBC cards.

The best thing for us to do is PIF before the statement hits. That's my plan of action from now on.

Equifax Fico 785 as of 01/18/2012

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+