Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True Pre-Qualifications

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: True Pre-Qualifications

@Anonymous wrote:

i put in my info and the Discover IT card popped up.  Not sure if that means I am prequaled?

No it doesn't.  I've read elsewhere that their 'prequalified' link is useless
Message 11 of 20
lexandra90
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i put in my info and the Discover IT card popped up.  Not sure if that means I am prequaled?

No it doesn't.  I've read elsewhere that their 'prequalified' link is useless

+ 1 you can put anything and it'll give you sumthin"

Credit: $80K Total Credit Lines...Gardening until 7/2018
Message 12 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

No it means NOTHING.  Put Rogger Rabbit or whatever other name you can imagine into it and whatever last 4 you can dream up and you will pop up a pre-qual offer!!  Don't trust it!  If you get an actual mail with a stated APR vs a range then that is more likely a true targeted offer.

Message 13 of 20
lexandra90
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

No it means NOTHING.  Put Rogger Rabbit or whatever other name you can imagine into it and whatever last 4 you can dream up and you will pop up a pre-qual offer!!  Don't trust it!  If you get an actual mail with a stated APR vs a range then that is more likely a true targeted offer.

lol I heard of people getting one for their cats 

Credit: $80K Total Credit Lines...Gardening until 7/2018
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

That explains why I've been getting jerky treats delivered to my house...

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That explains why I've been getting jerky treats delivered to my house...

You both me laugh.  Maybe I should try applying for my four dogs.  Then they can go buy their own food and treats

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think my experian is showing a different address then TU and EQ. Will this not allow me to pre-qual on any? I was just wondering because I have to put my address in and wasn't sure what address to put because I don't know what reports they are going off of?
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Commenity approvals are rock solid, haven't been denied  once they've softed you.  I do remember reading something about 1 guy who was denied afer pre-approval from Commenity

American Express is NOT rock solid even though I heard they were.  I got denied Amex Everyday with a 677 score due to too many new accounts.

Capital One is close but not 100% solid.  Cap 1 denied my aunt even though she was pre-approved...that is the only failure I ever heard though because everybody else I know got a card if pre-approved.

Message 18 of 20
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

capital one

citicards

chase

homedepot

a number of comenity store cards for overstock, express, victoria secret, total rewards, etc.

I did get a pre-qual from Cap One website for Platinum and Quicksilver.  I tried for the Quicksilver and got approved.  Is this a good card?  Any idea on starting limits?

Thanks

Whether it's a decent card or not will depend upon whether it was the QuickSilver Visa or the QuickSilver One MasterCard.  The QuickSilver Visa pays 1.5% cash back.  The QuickSilver One MasterCard has an anual fee attached to it so even though they advertise 1.5% cash back, you never really earn that rate because you start out in the hole due to the anual fee.

To be honest, unless you are in a situation where you need a sub-prime lender like Capital One, the QuickSilver cards are obsolete at this point.  If prime lenders are an option for you, you are better off going with the Fidelity AMEX or the Citi Double Cash.  Why settle for 1.5% when 2% is available? 

There are those who will claim the QuickSilver Visa is a better option due to the no FTF and I guess if you travel often it may be better for some, but the QuickSilver Visa doesn't come with chip+pin technology so I'm honestly not sure how that even works when traveling abroad.

Message 19 of 20
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I think my experian is showing a different address then TU and EQ. Will this not allow me to pre-qual on any? I was just wondering because I have to put my address in and wasn't sure what address to put because I don't know what reports they are going off of?

Your adress will need to match EXACTLY whatever report the lender soft pulls in order for you to recieve any pre-qualification offers.  For example, my street is a "court" like 1234 Dawson Ridge Court.  I can't remember which way it was but with Chase if I put it in the wrong way I got nothing.  "Court" or "Ct." made a difference.

If your address is wrong on your reports you need to dispute the incorrect address and get it resolved.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.