Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True or False: updates on BofA cards

tag
onthemove
Contributor

True or False: updates on BofA cards

Is it true that if you make a payment or payoff to BofA, the next day after it has been posted, if you logon and make a subtle change on your personal information such as - add the last for digits after your zip code - BofA with update your payment or payoff on you credit report?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: True or False: updates on BofA cards

Yes. As long as something actually changes, they will submit it. I tried keeping the address the same and it didn't work because they said nothing was being updated.

Message 2 of 5
colindidit
Established Contributor

Hm interesting, I've never heard that
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 3 of 5
Datx
Valued Contributor

Can't say for sure, but I did remember another user claiming that was the case. I remember it was said if you did any updates to your personal info, BOA will "update" this on your CR along with account info. So what you're trying to do should work, but I myself have not attempted it or experienced it.

Message 4 of 5
colindidit
Established Contributor

I'll try this after I pay it off
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.