cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TrueEarnings® Card from Costco and American Express - Need Credit Score Info Please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

TrueEarnings® Card from Costco and American Express - Need Credit Score Info Please

My credit score is 704 / 708 / 730 for each of the 3 reporting companies - Which company do they check ? and Can I get this card with that score ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: TrueEarnings® Card from Costco and American Express - Need Credit Score Info Please

First thing to consider is where did you get your scores from?

Second thing to know is AMEX does not go by your scores. They have their own in house formula for approving.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: TrueEarnings® Card from Costco and American Express - Need Credit Score Info Please

@Anonymous wrote:

My credit score is 704 / 708 / 730 for each of the 3 reporting companies - Which company do they check ? and Can I get this card with that score ?

Thanks

How old is your credit file?

What's your highest limit card now?

How many cards do you have?

Message 3 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Are you already a member of Costco?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

And do you have a BK on your reports?

Message 5 of 8
BobbyJ
Frequent Contributor

Please keep in mind that Amex will pull from other public records for BKs.  Even if the BK has been removed from your CRs it can still show in public records until it has past the legal time limit to report. 

BJ

Fico 8 Scores: EX: 787 (6/25/21) EQ: 788 (6/12/21) TU: 750 (2/21/21)
Fico 9 Scores: EX: 799 (11/9/20) EQ: 794 (10/13/20)

Ch7 BK Filed on 10/13/2013 - Discharged 1/14/14

Amex Blue Cash Preferred $15K | Amex Gold Card | Citi Costco Visa $7700 | USBank Altitude Go Visa Sig $10K | USBank Cash+ Visa $8K | C1 Savor MC Elite $15K | C1 Venture One $10K | C1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K | C1 Quicksilver WMC $10K | Penfed Plat Rewards Visa $9,500 | Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa $11K | Discover IT $7500 | USAA Pref Rewards Visa $5K | Penfed Path Visa $10K | Logix FCU Plat MC $12K | SDCCU Plat Visa $2,500 | Best Buy Visa $2K | Chase Amazon Prime Visa Sig $500 | Consumers CU Visa Cash Rebate $5K | PNC Points Visa $2500 | JCPenney $1,800 | Abound CU Plat Visa $5K | Lowes $7K | HSN Card $3K | Walmart MasterCard $2K | Walmart Store Card $2K | Kohls $1K | Target Red Card $800 | QVC Card $800
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They pulled EX for me.  I know they use their own formula but it looks like they get the original info from EX.

Message 7 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

They pulled EX for me.  I know they use their own formula but it looks like they get the original info from EX.

+1

This is exactly what they do. They pull your EX report and run it through their own scoring formula. And btw, if your EX report is skimpy, or if there are some oddities on there, they will pull other reports as well.

Back when we could pull our EX FICO's, it was sorta-kinda-semi useful to know the EX FICO scores of those who app'd and were approved or denied. Now that most people only know one of their half-dozen or so FAKO's, an Experian "credit score" doesn't tell you any very useful at all. Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.