Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying for AMEX

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Trying for AMEX

@nvrgvupnvrsrndr wrote:
Chase and Wells Fargo are my auto loans. I've never applied for CC's with them.

I know, but still prime banks.

When is the last time you applied for an Amex Charge?  I mean you are over 700 on EX?? That is WAY higher then we see every day people getting approved... you don't seem to have a problem applying or asking for CLI considering where your cards are now... why won't you pull trigger on Amex? (not being harsh, im having my therapy, YOU DESERVE IT MOMENT!!) Smiley Happy

I'll cry more than you if I push and you get denied... but based on what you have told, I'm confident in an approval.

Message 11 of 19
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

Really appreciate it. Actually, to be perfectly honest, all CLI's I spoke of in my original post were not solicited. When I went to make my monthly payments they were just there. 2 increases from Kohl's, 4 from SmartConnect, 1 from CreditOne, 1 from Walmart, 1 from CapOne.
Message 12 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

APPLY NOW... If you want and can afford the Platinum, apply for that... you should have instant APPROVAL!

I agree, go for it!!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Look at thread "American Express Experience"

This poster was instant for Gold, then read about all things here and really just wanted Platinum and went back and got approved for that with the bonus points too.

Message 14 of 19
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

You said you have a paid baddie on 03/13?

Your score looks good,
But idk how much score will factor in if you have a pif baddie that recently...

But by all means, try your luck :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 19
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

I can tell you i got approved for a charge and BCP with a EX score under 700. I had 2 paid collections that were under 2 years old and 2 old Chargeoffs from 2007. My charge approval was instant and the revolver took about 2 minutes after i got the 7-10 day message. Good luck and keep us updated!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 16 of 19
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

The "baddie" was from close to two years ago but I paid it off as of 3/13. Not sure how that factors into the equation. Any insight?
Message 17 of 19
nvrgvupnvrsrndr
Contributor

You can bet I'll post the outcome when I pull the trigger in a few days. Just waiting to make sure my most recent payments are all posted to get my CU at my goal of 8%. Patiently biding my...deferred gratification...hopefully as rewards card well earned.
Message 18 of 19
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

the score and income are there the only thing i would worry about is OP says alot of the accounts are within the last 6 months

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.