TylerA

Trying for a second Citi card

One more Citi question.  I have the Diamond card (4000 CL)--had it for 4 months now.  I was thinking of applying for the Simplicity card (or possibly the Dividend).  Is it possible to get a second card from Citi within this time frame?  (FYI my scores are all approx. 680).  Thanks for any comments.

Super Contributor
concorduser

Re: Trying for a second Citi card

Yes. You can apply.

Regular Contributor
jason86423

From my experience you can. I have 3 "new" cards from citi in the last 12 months.  Plat Select, AA visa Siggy and the Diamond Preferred (for the BT promo).  I learned to wait about 4 months in between each app.  The first time I app'd for the AA card I was denied because I opened an account less than 60 days before that (about 45) or so that was their excuse anyway.

Established Member
paulsc

jason86423 wrote:

From my experience you can. I have 3 "new" cards from citi in the last 12 months.  Plat Select, AA visa Siggy and the Diamond Preferred (for the BT promo).  I learned to wait about 4 months in between each app.  The first time I app'd for the AA card I was denied because I opened an account less than 60 days before that (about 45) or so that was their excuse anyway.

I applied and was approved for two Citi cards the same day (one hard pull), so I don't believe you HAVE to wait an x amount of time.

Regular Contributor
sgs10

Go for it only if u need the credit, u may get better offers as you age with citi. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+