Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Decrease Utilization

tag
KoolDev
Regular Contributor

Re: Trying to Decrease Utilization

If you just got a job with the government, you might want to see what credit unions you can get into through them.   I was able to join NFCU and get a card with 17.5 k BUT, i only had like 18-22% uti and none close to max. 

My Sock Drawer: Care Credit $4200-0, JCP 2100-0, Chase 3000-0, Chase Freedom $4500.00-0, WF $1000.00-0.00
In Use: NFCU Visa Sig $17.5k- 0.00k
I still have too MANY CARDS
Starting Score 538
Current Score Oct 30-14 701 fico Eq-- 745 Fico Tu-- 713 Fico Ex
Message 31 of 35
terren2000
Regular Contributor

Im with Penfed and they wouldnt giv eme any credit.  They wouldnt give me a car laon, got my car loan approval with FedOne.

Im thinking they also calculated my loans by accident. WHich will be in deferrment for another year.

Equifax - 789 Experian - 747 (Fako) Transunion - 715

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 789
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 35
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I would probably emphasize to you you slow down the large payments on some of the cards and funnel that larger payment to one high interest account. That Dell is usually like 29.99% -- so I would research what all of your APRs are and go from there.. Mint.com has a great goal thing that you input all of the info and it tells you what you need to pay each month to each card and how long it's going to take you to pay them off... It's a neat idea to see how much debt you have and really how long it's going to take you to pay it off. Will motivate you to not spend more than a cent than you have to. Good luck!

PenFed also wasn't nice to me either. Smiley Sad lol

Message 33 of 35
terren2000
Regular Contributor

im on my way right now. 

Yes Dell is pretty high.  But Ill put $3000 on Dell come late January from money I have coming in.

Message 34 of 35
terren2000
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the site mint.com.

Going to have fun discovering all the neat tools.

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.