cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to PC Freedom to Sig version--offering unlimited?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to PC Freedom to Sig version--offering unlimited?

IME - Chase did not do a harpull to change card tier. In essence if you have a CL of 5K or over - you already qualify for a Signature. So in this situation - you are basically requesting what you are already entitled to. Not sure why they don't automatically issue the VS cards.

Message 21 of 39
nitrov
Established Contributor

No, they never said anything about it. I just got the CLI on the freedom card about 2 weeks ago, I was at $3.5k before so my SL wasn't big enough to qualify for a sig version. They don't HP for just a PC especially if it's just non-sig to sig
My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 22 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

IME - Chase did not do a harpull to change card tier. In essence if you have a CL of 5K or over - you already qualify for a Signature. So in this situation - you are basically requesting what you are already entitled to. Not sure why they don't automatically issue the VS cards.

Logic would agree with you. I was very curious because my CapitalOne QS has been at 6k since December but they keep telling me it's not qualified to convert to a Signature. They keep trying to get me to PC it to a Venture to get a Visa Sig out of the account...

Message 23 of 39
nitrov
Established Contributor

Oh, well capital one is a totally diff story. I see folks with 630 credit scores with $25k CLs with cap1 while I have like $7.5k with them lol they make their own rules.

Message 24 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Logic would agree with you. I was very curious because my CapitalOne QS has been at 6k since December but they keep telling me it's not qualified to convert to a Signature. They keep trying to get me to PC it to a Venture to get a Visa Sig out of the account...

Cap One tells me the same thing. Which is fine because the card is getting crapped canned soon anyway.

Message 25 of 39
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
do you not have any other VS cards? or are you just a collector?

HAHA me and you are on the same wave length I feel sometimes. I think the same thing with these WEMC and SIG chasers. Your follow-up questions made me giggle.

To be fair to OP, if you've got a $15k limit then fair enough. But some of these guys with 4k limits scheming make me wonder.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 26 of 39
nitrov
Established Contributor

@Credit_hawk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
do you not have any other VS cards? or are you just a collector?

HAHA me and you are on the same wave length I feel sometimes. I think the same thing with these WEMC and SIG chasers. Your follow-up questions made me giggle.

To be fair to OP, if you've got a $15k limit then fair enough. But some of these guys with 4k limits scheming make me wonder.

Well, honestly, some smaller banks spoil people by not making people jump through so many hoops to get WEMC/Sig Visas. NFCU, for example, made pretty much all their cards sig without making people ask for it, so on all my cards with them, I have sig benefits plus 0% foreign transaction fees. Sometimes it's nice to open your wallet while traveling and not having to worry about "whoops, can't use this card cuz I'll get charged a FT fee," even though Chase's sig card STILL has a 3% FT fee, you'd think they'd make the rest of the sig benefits more accessible to people who are spending money on their cards. I know it costs them more money to provide these benefits, particularly on cards with $0 AFs, but for me to have to send 6 different SMs just to get the card switched to sig is kind of silly. I don't think it's scheming for anyone due to what their SL is, but if banks offer it then they should give it to people without it being a headache.

Message 27 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is not meant directly to the OP but I see so many people on this forum obsessing and going to lots of extra aggravation over whether a card of their is a Visa Signature or WEMC when I doubt anyone but a few uses the benefits of those two programs.  Once you have a card that is a VS or WEMC how many more do you need?  Outside of these forums no one even notices or cares about this feature.  I just don't see it being that big of a deal but apparently it is based on the number of posts bemoaning that this or that card isn't a VS or WEMC.  Just my two cents.

Message 28 of 39
nitrov
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This is not meant directly to the OP but I see so many people on this forum obsessing and going to lots of extra aggravation over whether a card of their is a Visa Signature or WEMC when I doubt anyone but a few uses the benefits of those two programs.  Once you have a card that is a VS or WEMC how many more do you need?  Outside of these forums no one even notices or cares about this feature.  I just don't see it being that big of a deal but apparently it is based on the number of posts bemoaning that this or that card isn't a VS or WEMC.  Just my two cents.

Yea, I get that. I'm just one of the few who actually uses it I guess, and once you use these benefits once or twice you get used to them. I've also had a situation where I bought something with a non-sig card, (it was electronics) and I had problems with it RIGHT outside of the factory warranty period, and had I used a sig/WEMC card, I would've been covered, but since I DIDN'T, I had to replace it. I was just kicking myself wishing I used a different card. While it's far from a necessity and definitely not something I'd really get all bent out of shape about (or pay extra solely for), if it's free and I'm eligible for it I'm going to get it. It's nice not to have to worry about "oh, I have to pay with xyz card over abc because abc isn't sig and won't protect me on the 0.05% offchance this sound system spontaneously self-destructs 13 days after the warranty is up." Smiley Tongue Nothing to "bemoan" but I was just curious if they phased out the regular Freedom sig in lieu of the new Unlimited card

Message 29 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nitrov wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yea, I get that. I'm just one of the few who actually uses it I guess, and once you use these benefits once or twice you get used to them. I've also had a situation where I bought something with a non-sig card, (it was electronics) and I had problems with it RIGHT outside of the factory warranty period, and had I used a sig/WEMC card, I would've been covered, but since I DIDN'T, I had to replace it. I was just kicking myself wishing I used a different card. While it's far from a necessity and definitely not something I'd really get all bent out of shape about (or pay extra solely for), if it's free and I'm eligible for it I'm going to get it. It's nice not to have to worry about "oh, I have to pay with xyz card over abc because abc isn't sig and won't protect me on the 0.05% offchance this sound system spontaneously self-destructs 13 days after the warranty is up." Smiley Tongue Nothing to "bemoan" but I was just curious if they phased out the regular Freedom sig in lieu of the new Unlimited card

Im glad to see that you make use of the benefits and as I said i really wasn't trying to single you out.  I hope that Chase is able to do it for you.

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.