Trying to PC my QS1 .... ugggh

tag
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: Trying to PC my QS1 .... ugggh

@Rebuilding69 wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

DON'T PC yet!

You have already paid for QS1 AF, therefore you can't get that back!

The best thing you can do is to get over 5K CL then wait one statement and PC to QS WMC, otherwise if you do PC to QS with under 5K limit, they are not going to upgrade you to QS WMC.

To get CLI with CapOne, they like to see usage or card swap if you have lower CL. Use it for everything even if its a $1 and try not to carry a balance. 6 Months after your last CLI then go for another CLI and you should get more, unless you owe other collections!

I PCed from QS1 to QS before having 5K CL and now I can not upgrade to QS WMC Smiley Sad

Good Luck

Whats so good about WMC? Guess I'll do some light reading tonight Smiley Very Happy

Its one of those things that if you don't have it, then you want it! Once you get it, then you don't care for it Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 25
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CYBERSAM wrote:

@Rebuilding69 wrote:

@CYBERSAM wrote:

DON'T PC yet!

You have already paid for QS1 AF, therefore you can't get that back!

The best thing you can do is to get over 5K CL then wait one statement and PC to QS WMC, otherwise if you do PC to QS with under 5K limit, they are not going to upgrade you to QS WMC.

To get CLI with CapOne, they like to see usage or card swap if you have lower CL. Use it for everything even if its a $1 and try not to carry a balance. 6 Months after your last CLI then go for another CLI and you should get more, unless you owe other collections!

I PCed from QS1 to QS before having 5K CL and now I can not upgrade to QS WMC Smiley Sad

Good Luck

Whats so good about WMC? Guess I'll do some light reading tonight Smiley Very Happy

Its one of those things that if you don't have it, then you want it! Once you get it, then you don't care for it Smiley Wink

+1

Exactly... much the same as a Visa Signature!  Smiley Very Happy

It's neat to have one because all the "cool kids" have it, but once you get it, you realize it works exactly the same as your non-'special' cards... at least for most of us, anyway.  Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've also reached a year with my QS1 but haven't shown an offer to PC on their website. I haven't bothered to contact CS because I've been focusing on other TLs.

Thanks @cyber for the WMC advice, I'll consider looking into that card when I do PC.
Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

This reminds me I need to try and convert my 8.5k qs1. Maybe I'll try tomorrow and see if I can get a wmc out of it. I was successful last summer with a platinum to qs on the first try, so we'll see how this one goes.
Message 14 of 25
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

I can tell you my own experience and my DW. In 2014 we opened 1 QS One each, both with 1k limit to start. My usage is much higher than hers. After the steps cap1 decided to do 3k cli on mine and just 1.5k on hers. About 6 months to an year later I push the LUV in mine and went up to 5k, hers got an auto increase to 3.5k at around the same time. The year came to an pay for the AF. Couldn't get to get rid of it but they offer a 50% discount on mine, and a lower APR on hers, at the time she was carrying a 1k balance, we took it and kept the cc. After that maybe 6 months later before her APR expired I called back, and was offered a PC to QS and a promo APR for 6 months, she got a PC too no promo APR. So my conclusions from my own experience, they look at usage, payment history with them, and age of the account. You might need less or more time than my DW and me for the PC, but those I believe is what they factor in. Also they look at how much you pay, if you PIF vs a minimum amount they will be less likely to do any offers. My DW was paying maybe 200 a month and got it paid in full in maybe 6 months and was not offered the 50% off the AF, I PIF all the time and was not offered the lower APR for 7 months, but was granted a 50% discount on the AF, and more cli. 

As as long as you use it and PIF cap1 will sooner or later give you a PC. In the old days cap1 would not grant you anything Thank good their policy have changed. I just need to figure out how to get the APR permanently lowered. But is not really bad since I try to always PIF.

Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 15 of 25
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@omfgpart2 wrote:

@Rebuilding69 wrote:

I've been trying to PC my QS1 to a QS MC, and Cap1 is just refusing to budge on this for some reason. All they tell me is there is no offer to do so at this time. The card is only 1 year old but I feel like I should be able to PC it, especially when I see others on here PCing their $300 Plat MC's to a QS MC with no hassle whatsoever.

I'm trying to figure out what the "requirements" are to do this, but at this point I'm feeling like it is just a matter of whether the person I'm talking to is lazy or not? This card has a limit of only $2550 at the moment(which is kind of a strange number imo, the extra $50 part I mean), so I thought perhaps the QS1's needed a min of $3k SL to PC to a QS. That was before I started seeing everyone & their mother PC'ing their lower limit Plats to QS's. Then I thought since I already had a PC on a different card, that we can only have 1 PC per timeframe, like 30 days or something. I dunno. Cap1 refuses to tell me the requirements to do this & just keeps saying call back, call back. It's annoying to be honest. I'm the kind of person that likes to know if I can't do something, then what are the steps to make it happen. I don't like mind games.

Anyone have any insight to what I may be doing wrong, or is this just a case of a company that likes to string it's customers along? I just don't get why I cant PC a year+ old QS1(which is eligible for a combination, which I'm considering actually now) when I see other people on here with no problems at all doing PC's on all their cards.

Is Cap1 really that random on what it offers to its customers?

what are your scores and how much have you run through the card in the the past year? I would get your cl >5k get the world and be done with it vs just a name change. the world actually has some benefits. I started at the bottom with them and put 75k through a $ 300 plat and qs1 in a year and pif just before the statement and they were more than happy to give me a world. my wmc sits at 12,300 now. swipes, pif and low utilization is the deal, as you well know

YOU DID WHAT? 75k through a $300 platinum. Do tell!

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 16 of 25
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Credit_hawk wrote:

@omfgpart2 wrote:

@Rebuilding69 wrote:

I've been trying to PC my QS1 to a QS MC, and Cap1 is just refusing to budge on this for some reason. All they tell me is there is no offer to do so at this time. The card is only 1 year old but I feel like I should be able to PC it, especially when I see others on here PCing their $300 Plat MC's to a QS MC with no hassle whatsoever.

I'm trying to figure out what the "requirements" are to do this, but at this point I'm feeling like it is just a matter of whether the person I'm talking to is lazy or not? This card has a limit of only $2550 at the moment(which is kind of a strange number imo, the extra $50 part I mean), so I thought perhaps the QS1's needed a min of $3k SL to PC to a QS. That was before I started seeing everyone & their mother PC'ing their lower limit Plats to QS's. Then I thought since I already had a PC on a different card, that we can only have 1 PC per timeframe, like 30 days or something. I dunno. Cap1 refuses to tell me the requirements to do this & just keeps saying call back, call back. It's annoying to be honest. I'm the kind of person that likes to know if I can't do something, then what are the steps to make it happen. I don't like mind games.

Anyone have any insight to what I may be doing wrong, or is this just a case of a company that likes to string it's customers along? I just don't get why I cant PC a year+ old QS1(which is eligible for a combination, which I'm considering actually now) when I see other people on here with no problems at all doing PC's on all their cards.

what are your scores and how much have you run through the card in the the past year? I would get your cl >5k get the world and be done with it vs just a name change. the world actually has some benefits. I started at the bottom with them and put 75k through a $ 300 plat and qs1 in a year and pif just before the statement and they were more than happy to give me a world. my wmc sits at 12,300 now. swipes, pif and low utilization is the deal, as you well know

I just looked, I have put 100K through cap1 since I got a card with them in 9/14. I maxed out the card almost every month as it was my only card. $ 300 steps, then 3300 cl for a year and 8300 for 6 months until my current 12300 cl for just a month now. I just got a 20k venture and 6k freedom so my utilization is about to really improve I think. also want a discover before I call it quits but cannot get a personalized approval so it might have to wait. never got a bark from cap1 about maxing out any of the cards
Message 17 of 25
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@omfgpart2 wrote:

@Credit_hawk wrote:

@omfgpart2 wrote:

@Rebuilding69 wrote:

I just looked, I have put 100K through cap1 since I got a card with them in 9/14. I maxed out the card almost every month as it was my only card. $ 300 steps, then 3300 cl for a year and 8300 for 6 months until my current 12300 cl for just a month now. I just got a 20k venture and 6k freedom so my utilization is about to really improve I think. also want a discover before I call it quits but cannot get a personalized approval so it might have to wait. never got a bark from cap1 about maxing out any of the cards

That's really interesting! May I suggest more Chase- possibly CSP? They are a really great company! My favorite, so far. I also have Discover. Not my highest limit by far but I have a soft spot for them. They send Starbucks gift cards "just because". That's the kind of company they are. If you don't mind me asking, how does someone who makes a good living have such bad credit that you had to resort to using a $300 platinum for $100k spend? Was it stupid spending in college and now you're making the big bucks but that old mistake is still there weighing down your reports?

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 18 of 25
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Credit_hawk wrote:

@omfgpart2 wrote:

@Credit_hawk wrote:

@omfgpart2 wrote:

@Rebuilding69 wrote:

That's really interesting! May I suggest more Chase- possibly CSP? They are a really great company! My favorite, so far. I also have Discover. Not my highest limit by far but I have a soft spot for them. They send Starbucks gift cards "just because". That's the kind of company they are. If you don't mind me asking, how does someone who makes a good living have such bad credit that you had to resort to using a $300 platinum for $100k spend? Was it stupid spending in college and now you're making the big bucks but that old mistake is still there weighing down your reports?

first off thank you for your suggestions. your scores are exactly where I would like to end up. probably would like your card lineup too. and your house. lol. To be transparent I totally f'ed up. took a hit re economy and divorce a decade ago. I have nobody to blame but myself. I have always had a car lease going and that saved me to some extent. was easy to get 100 points in the past year. as everyone here knows and I now know utilization is a huge factor. now with the venture and the freedom as a backup I will be able to go to europe which I do ever year and not have to depend on debit cards, etc. do you know what a pain it is to rent a car with a debit card? lol. once trick is a prepaid walmart bluebird for car rentals, it works. guess a secured card would have been better but I was really at a low point and not strong enough to deal with my issues. The good thing is that I am now. after my new lines start to report and I run some $ through them I should be able too be over 700 by years end. several of my scores lost ~8 points but they were 03/10/16 EX682 TU690 EQ708. would love a CSP but no per-approval, just more freedom and slate. guess I should just hit the dirt and garden like a good boy huh .. sorry for hijacking the thread. always open to ideas, its because of this board that I have 2 new cards and for that I am grateful
Message 19 of 25
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
It took me years to pc qs1 to qs. While some have quick success some of us it takes longer.

yearssss?? omg

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.