Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Understand Wells Fargo GW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to Understand Wells Fargo GW

So the only derog on my report is a 30 day from Wells Fargo 5 years ago from when I moved to college as a freshman and my bills didn't get forwarded right away. Anyways, a week or so ago I figured what the hell I'll GW and see what shakes out. I never heard back but today I'm doing my usual CMS pulls and right away I am confused. I pull CK only to see my TransRisk plummet 17 points and but my Vantage increase by 8. Ok, strange. So I hop over to USAA and my TU PLUS increased by 31 points. Then just now, I get a ScoreWatch alert that tells me my EQ FICO has jumped 13 points. This prompted me to dig back through my USAA report and I noticed that the closed Wells Fargo account is now reporting as disputed but the payment history has been completely changed. According to USAA, EX and TU still show the account but no payment history. EQ shows the account and show perfect payment history through Apr 2012 (years afer it was closed and stopped reporting).

Here is what I see on USAA now (it used to show the 30 day late from ~ 2007): 

Experian

Equifax
TransUnion
2010       2011           2012   
MAYJUNJULAUGSEPOCTNOVDECJANFEBMARAPRMAYJUNJULAUGSEPOCTNOVDECJANFEBMARAPR

OKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOK

Here is what ScoreWatch shows for my alert:

Previously reportedNewly reported
Balance:$0 
Past due:$0$0
Last activity:1/1/20091/1/2009
Description:Closed or Paid Account/Zero Balance
Account closed by credit grantor
Amount in H/C column is credit limit
Consumer disputes this account information
Closed or Paid Account/Zero Balance
Credit card
Amount in H/C column is credit limit

So, my question is does this mean they simply marked the account as disputed? If so, what effect will that have? I guess my EQ FICO has already jumped so that's good.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to Understand Wells Fargo GW

Ugghh sorry mods not even paying atttention to where I'm posting. Re-posting in rebuilders fourm. Please close.

Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Trying to Understand Wells Fargo GW

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.