Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to decide to close the account or not

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to decide to close the account or not

The are the cards that I have:

Capital One Platinum w/ a credit limit of $2,000 (opened in 2009)

Discover IT w/ a credit limit of $1,500 (opened a year ago)

Bank of America (some basic one) w/ a credit limit of $500 (opened about 10/11 months ago)

American Airlines (another basic one) with a credit limit of $1000 (opened about 3/4 months ago)

AMEX BCE w/ a limit of $4,000 (brand new)

My credit score is 652

I really would like to close my bank of america and american airlines card, there is no rewards or perks to them.  They both are at zero balance (balance transfer to amex bce).  The reason why these two accounts were ever opend was because I was inbetween jobs and needed fast money.  I have learned my lesson and wish I never opened these accounts.  At this point I do not care to have extra cards because I know myself, I will use them for random things.  At the same time I also do not want to ruin my credit by closing these accounts.  What are the options for me to do?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: Trying to decide to close the account or not

They have AF? Maybe you can PC the BoA card to something else. If they don't work for you close them, they will report for 10 years.

Now that you have a 4k card you will not miss 1.5k

Message 2 of 3
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Trying to decide to close the account or not

I would keep the BoA card and ask for CLI every 6 months. I would ask for $5k. BoA also considers APR reduction every 6 months. Agree with closing that $1k American card.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.