Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get a US Bank CC

tag
junior88
Frequent Contributor

Re: Trying to get a US Bank CC

Yes, my current open lines are the new WF CC and WF LOC. I am a AU on a WF CC that has been open for 7 years. Like I said in my post, my previous 3.5 year old WF secured CC account is missing from my file again. That closed when I opened my new CC. I still think if I got something from WF showing my 3.5 year history that should count for something. While I had that open with them I received a couple unsecured CLI's. So I obviously was doing a good job with the account.

11/13/23 TU 808 EX 800 EQ 806 ---- Discover $35,000/AmEx Delta Plat $30,000/Chase United $26,200/BOA $25,000/Macys AmEx $25,000/Sams Club MC $20,000GM Card $18,000/Chase IHG $16,000/Barclay Rewards $12,100/Dicks MasterCard $10,000/Lowes$15,000/BOA Cash Rewards $13,800/Citi Double Cash $9400/Citi Simplicity $8200/Target MC $8000/Wells Fargo Visa $7000/State Farm $4000
Message 11 of 20
vish1
Valued Contributor

@junior88 wrote:

Yes, my current open lines are the new WF CC and WF LOC. I am a AU on a WF CC that has been open for 7 years. Like I said in my post, my previous 3.5 year old WF secured CC account is missing from my file again. That closed when I opened my new CC. I still think if I got something from WF showing my 3.5 year history that should count for something. While I had that open with them I received a couple unsecured CLI's. So I obviously was doing a good job with the account.

Please don't take my words personally, I am not trying to pick on you. If you look from their point of view, they see 2 very new credit lines on your account with high usage. I have sincere doubts that they will consider something that is not on your file, that too a closed account. I do understand that they have misguided you and you should raise it with their execs but I will recommend you to keep your expectations low.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 12 of 20
junior88
Frequent Contributor

I do not take your words to heart but I would like to clarify this, my LOC balance is $4300 with a CL of $9000, and my CC balance is $200 with a CL of $7000. So I do disagree with you a little.

11/13/23 TU 808 EX 800 EQ 806 ---- Discover $35,000/AmEx Delta Plat $30,000/Chase United $26,200/BOA $25,000/Macys AmEx $25,000/Sams Club MC $20,000GM Card $18,000/Chase IHG $16,000/Barclay Rewards $12,100/Dicks MasterCard $10,000/Lowes$15,000/BOA Cash Rewards $13,800/Citi Double Cash $9400/Citi Simplicity $8200/Target MC $8000/Wells Fargo Visa $7000/State Farm $4000
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vish1 wrote:

@junior88 wrote:

Please don't take my words personally, I am not trying to pick on you. If you look from their point of view, they see 2 very new credit lines on your account with high usage. I have sincere doubts that they will consider something that is not on your file, that too a closed account. I do understand that they have misguided you and you should raise it with their execs but I will recommend you to keep your expectations low.

28% not high, relatively speaking.

In any event, the issue isn't what is or is not on Junior88's credit report.  The issue is that the individual at US Bank told Junior88 that if he did X, then his application would be approved.  Now we find out that the US Bank employee either has integrity issues or intellectuall challenges -- possibly both. 

Also, I think the whole line of new drivel US Bank is spouting about insufficient use of US Bank accounts is a smoke screen.  In the past 6 months I have received three firm preapprovals from US Bank and I have never been a US Bank banking customer.  I accepted their latest preapproval without issue. 

If they had pulled with me what they're trying to pull with Junior88, I'd hold their hand to the fire.

Message 14 of 20
junior88
Frequent Contributor

Thanks O6, that's pretty much my feeling. I wouldn't have wasted my time and the US Bank's time in faxing that stuff in if they would not have told me to do so. I really do not care at this point any longer. I really think I have been jerked around by them and I would like to find someone to speak with about that matter. I just logged onto my US Bank online, still no CC showing. I really do not even want to call them again because I think it will just turn into a lecture again.

Anyone have a true backdoor number to them? Not the underwriting number.   Executive office number?

Message 15 of 20
Rebuilding101
Regular Contributor

Check consumerist

Starting Score(4/1/10): EQ: 631--- TU: 646
Current Score(4/1/10): EQ: 725--- TU: 686
Goal Score: EQ: 850--- TU: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 20
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@vish1 wrote:

@junior88 wrote:

28% not high, relatively speaking.

In any event, the issue isn't what is or is not on Junior88's credit report.  The issue is that the individual at US Bank told Junior88 that if he did X, then his application would be approved.  Now we find out that the US Bank employee either has integrity issues or intellectuall challenges -- possibly both. 

Also, I think the whole line of new drivel US Bank is spouting about insufficient use of US Bank accounts is a smoke screen.  In the past 6 months I have received three firm preapprovals from US Bank and I have never been a US Bank banking customer.  I accepted their latest preapproval without issue. 

If they had pulled with me what they're trying to pull with Junior88, I'd hold their hand to the fire.

+1

I totally agree with you that they probably have both the issues and that it must be taken seriously. All I was trying to say in my message is that OP should not keep his expectations too high in terms of getting the card. Offcourse I want him to get the card and will be most happy if he does.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@junior88 wrote:

Thanks O6, that's pretty much my feeling. I wouldn't have wasted my time and the US Bank's time in faxing that stuff in if they would not have told me to do so. I really do not care at this point any longer. I really think I have been jerked around by them and I would like to find someone to speak with about that matter. I just logged onto my US Bank online, still no CC showing. I really do not even want to call them again because I think it will just turn into a lecture again.

Anyone have a true backdoor number to them? Not the underwriting number.   Executive office number?

I probably would not call them.

What I like to do is fax a letter directly to the CEO.  You can usually find their fax number listed on their latest annual SEC filing or on the BBB website when you run a check on the bank.

I also like to send a copy to the bank regulator which supervises the bank.

Message 18 of 20
junior88
Frequent Contributor

Ok, so I gave in and did call back to see if the 2nd review was done. It was, still saying denied....now due to lack of credit. This was never on the original denial letter at all. This last lady just told me that my revolving LOC wasn't ever an issue since it was a secured line.  So, I'm not sure what to think any longer. Different story now, I did waste my time and their time by faxing in the updated account balance sheet.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've got the Harley Davidson Chrome Cash Visa and it seemed fairly easy to get. Initial CL was $4,000. Great customer service. I like the convenience checks for emergency cash but the fees for using them are high (I've only used them once).  Being a Harley enthusiast and rider, I like the Chrome Cash rewards you get (after 2500 points you get a $25 gift certificate). The points add up fast (purchases like gas and groceries are 2 x $1 and any Harley Davidson purchase is 3 x $1). The first 9 months I got $100 in Chrome Cash certificates and being a rider, the extra cash comes in handy for everything from maintenance, parts or gear. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.