Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get an Orchard Bank card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to get an Orchard Bank card

One of my friends suggested getting the Orchard Bank card.  She said several of her friends got increases in their credit scores after a short time of using the card.  The only reason I want a credit card/secured card is to get my credit score up to qualify for a home loan.

I followed the link from the FICO Credit Card Center page and clicked on the link for cards for poor credit, then clicked on the Orchard Bank card.  It then opened a window for the pre-qualification site.  After filling out the info, I got an onscreen message that none of their cards were a match. So, does that mean I've been declined?

FICO TU 672

FICO EQ 620

FAKO EX 588

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: Trying to get an Orchard Bank card

Well, that wasn't a hard pull, but that likely means you won't qualify for any of their products.

Don't put too much stock into their prequal, I periodically check, and it sometimes gives me "Secured MasterCard", and other times "Orchard Gold".  With FICOs all 720+.

I recommend CapitalOne Secured, reports to all 3, gives unsecured CLIs, and doesn't report as secured.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trying to get an Orchard Bank card

Here's a great thread on builder/rebuilder cards including feedback on Orchard and CapOne, secured and unsecured cards.

Hope you find some of the info there helpful.

If you don't currently have a bank/national cc, you will probably receive a FICO score increase (mine and DH's were both about 20 points) when opening one.

I went from 658 to 678 when opening an Orchard right out of BK; and DH went from 651 to 680.  For both of us, it was our only open bank CC when we opened it.

Your mileage, of course, will vary.

Best wishes to you!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

re many Re: Trying to get an Orchard Bank card

I agree, there are other issuers much better than Orchard, they suck even with secured cards. I´ve waited more than two months to get a secured card from them, and finally I gave up and cancelled the application, I applied with Public savings bank, and in less than 3 weeks I got the card, without having to send any check or form.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.