Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to pc QS1 to QS

tag
Strangerinthedark
Established Member

Trying to pc QS1 to QS

Ok so here is my story, I finally got prequalified for the better Cap1 cards (including QS.) I curenttly have QS1 but want to get rid of the af, however the few times I have tried to do it through chat they say there is no option to upgrade. Would a call/email to EO help? I just don't get it if I can have a brand new QS why can't I just pc to it, im not interested in the $100 bonus for 3hp. The Venture is tempting with the $400 bonus and probably higher limit but don't want that af with Cap1. I know there is VentureOne but then the earning is less at only 1.25 per dollar.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Re: Trying to pc QS1 to QS

Try EO but I was told the same thing and was told this more than a year ago so I don't know if it's changed. 

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Strangerinthedark wrote:

Ok so here is my story, I finally got prequalified for the better Cap1 cards (including QS.) I curenttly have QS1 but want to get rid of the af, however the few times I have tried to do it through chat they say there is no option to upgrade. Would a call/email to EO help? I just don't get it if I can have a brand new QS why can't I just pc to it, im not interested in the $100 bonus for 3hp. The Venture is tempting with the $400 bonus and probably higher limit but don't want that af with Cap1. I know there is VentureOne but then the earning is less at only 1.25 per dollar.

You won't get anywhere with the CSR's. Cap One doesn't like to PC, they prefer new apps. It does seem kind of weird and unfair but that's how they do it. Yes you should call EO as they will have a lot more say in the matter and you have a good chance of getting the PC. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Message 3 of 13
JustinS
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Strangerinthedark wrote:

You won't get anywhere with the CSR's. Cap One doesn't like to PC, they prefer new apps. It does seem kind of weird and unfair but that's how they do it. Yes you should call EO as they will have a lot more say in the matter and you have a good chance of getting the PC. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

+1 EO route is definitely the way to go. Many including myself have gotten a permanent waiver of the QS1 AF. When they finally did offer to PC me to the QS (still mc and same card number) it was literally just a new plastic that says QS instead of QS1 on it (AF was already removed perm on my QS1 at that point).

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those who have the QS1 with the AF removed: I know it depends on the case, but is there a good time to ask for the AF to be removed?

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Those who have the QS1 with the AF removed: I know it depends on the case, but is there a good time to ask for the AF to be removed?

When your credit profile supports a QS approval I would say ask for the removal. The only reason the QS1 has the AF is for those who don't have the profile to get approved for a QS.

Message 6 of 13
PinkPanther3719
Contributor

I had the same issue. I've had the card for a year and a half with 3 years of good history with Captial One. I kept being told there was no offer for me to PC. They did credit my account for the AF. However, I had just gotten new cards with higher limits than any I had with Cap1 so I emailed the EO asking for a permanent removal of the AF. I didn't care about PC-ing really. Just wanted to get rid of the AF because I didn't use it enough to justify it. Got a call in about 3 days from a nice lady, who permanently removed the fee and even sent a request for a cli directly to the underwriters (no computers), which she said would only be a soft pull. No cli yet, but I'm holding out hope.

Email and you'll probably get it. Just explain why you feel you should have it removed.

Current Information (05/2016)
Scores: EX: 633, EQ: 619, and TU: 727
Current Utilization: ?%

Goal: All above 750 and no more than 3% utilization
Gardening until 12/31/16 (Hopefully)
Message 7 of 13
SeattleSuperBowlChampions
New Contributor

They wouldn't remove my AF or upgrade me.  My credit profile became good enough to get better cards and when I did, I closed the QS1.

BarclayCard - Rewards MC - 5,000 | Amex - Skymiles Platinum - 18,000 | Chase - Freedom - 3,000 | Chase - Hyatt - 5,000 | Amazon SC - 3,800 | Fidelity AMEX - 17,000 | Chase - Ritz - 10,000
Message 8 of 13
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Contact the EO directly via email or phone and request a PC. While you're at it, request a APR reduction as well. I've had success with both!!! Smiley Happy

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 9 of 13
JustinS
Regular Contributor

@MissMoni223 wrote:

Contact the EO directly via email or phone and request a PC. While you're at it, request a APR reduction as well. I've had success with both!!! Smiley Happy

+1 on that recommendation. EO is the way to go. They've already gotten me CLI's twice APR reduced and a promo 10.9% APR for 6 months when they couldn't reduce further than the 14.99% and AF perm waived and later the switch to QS plastic (my QS1 at that point was pretty much a QS just had the word one on it still lol).

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.