Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tsk tsk, what have I done?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tsk tsk, what have I done?

So my 3yr DD attends an early education center. A day care with a waiting list, a premium tuition rate, excellent kitchen and staff (including nutritionist), etc...

We had a parent-teacher meeting this morning with the lead education coordinator for her class. She talks about how our daughter is really into dramatic play and gave us examples of how she gets busy in the play kitchen. I laughed and mentioned that when she was playing with some 5 yr olds this weekend, they brought out some fish cards and dealt out her a hand. DD picked up her fish cards, paused, then looked up and smiled, "I have credit cards!"

Lead educator coordinator says, "What a great idea! I will look into bringing in those fake credit cards that come in the mail for more dramatic play."

What did I just do? LOL Smiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Tsk tsk, what have I done?

That is so cute!

I want a little monster of my own!
Message 2 of 11
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

TheCynicalOne wrote:
That is so cute!

Shhh dont say that or Ashabbir will run to you with a proposal!!! 

Aww that IS cute, lol - Imagine how hard pressed our lives are getting because of these FICO scores crap.. well theirs is going to be DETERMINED by credit.. so I guess its only better she knows which one to avoid and which to keep =)
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't mind my kid(s) being exposed to finance so early, but I have to admit I'm a little hesitant about some reaction from the parents of the 20 other kids in her class. Some may not  want their kids to be so comfortable with the concept of credit cards.

Well, we'll see how it goes...
Message 4 of 11
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Smiley Very Happy  Ohh I cant wait to hear their overdramatized reactions to this

Keep us updated!
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

SonorityGenius wrote:

TheCynicalOne wrote:
That is so cute!

Shhh dont say that or Ashabbir will run to you with a proposal!!! 

Aww that IS cute, lol - Imagine how hard pressed our lives are getting because of these FICO scores crap.. well theirs is going to be DETERMINED by credit.. so I guess its only better she knows which one to avoid and which to keep =)

Good parenting! I really don't think there is too young of an age to introduce finance.  Start with piggy banks, upgrade to savings accounts, then checking, then credit cards.  The evolution of adults...lol.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh- I sooo remember my daughter running around the house saying "Charge it"

Sooooo thankful it was the DW to sit her down and explain that you have to pay it back.
Message 7 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

For years, I had my kids half-convinced that ATM machines actually printed the money that I withdrew. Whenever they wanted to do something, and I was out of cash, we always had to go print some money. I was justly punished later when they just couldn't believe that the checking account balance they heard on the phone wasn't their real balance! Smiley Surprised

I was SUCH a bad mommy...
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

TheCynicalOne wrote:

SonorityGenius wrote:

TheCynicalOne wrote:
That is so cute!

Me too! Me too!

Anyway, I can remember being as young as first  grade having having "bank" in the classroom and learning to count money...

LOL! I also remember (now keep in mind this was the 80's for those younger snappers on this board) telling my mom to "just write a check" for when I wanted something and she didn't have money!

I swear I saw a commercial of Little Tykes w/ a bank setup that had a swiper for a fake credit card, and I KNOW I saw  new version of Monopoly w/ a CC magnetic reader...

Don't worry!

Message Edited by netpanther on 11-12-2007 09:44 PM
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:
For years, I had my kids half-convinced that ATM machines actually printed the money that I withdrew. Whenever they wanted to do something, and I was out of cash, we always had to go print some money. I was justly punished later when they just couldn't believe that the checking account balance they heard on the phone wasn't their real balance! Smiley Surprised

I was SUCH a bad mommy...

soooooooooooooooooooo funny!! OMG! sooooooo funny!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.