Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turned down for Discover Card??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Turned down for Discover Card??

I think I was turned down today for a discover card.  This was the reply I recieved.

Discover® Card Date Submitted: 10/24/2008

Your application is being processed. We have received your information but need to perform additional processing before we can provide you with a decision. You will hear from us within 30 days of your application being submitted.

Please check back in the future to get an update on the status of your application.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Turned down for Discover Card??

doesn't look like an instant no, give it some time. good luck!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with Imducky!  You will probably get something.  It wasn't an instant no.  When I got those in the past, they always went through.  Maybe not for the amount I was hoping for, but at least got a step in the door.
Message 3 of 12
first48
Frequent Contributor

Medic, I think you have a chance because when I was denied for Discover it was instant and I was immediately counter offered the Direct Rewards Discover.

2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 4 of 12
brooklyngal
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I was turned down today for a discover card.  This was the reply I recieved.

Discover® Card Date Submitted: 10/24/2008

Your application is being processed. We have received your information but need to perform additional processing before we can provide you with a decision. You will hear from us within 30 days of your application being submitted.

Please check back in the future to get an update on the status of your application.

I got the same message when I applied today.  Last time I applied in February, I was declined instantly; maybe this is a good sign. 

Whoever got this message and got approved later, how long did it take for them to decide?

I'm in the 700 club now! Smiley Happy
1/9/10 scores: TU: 766 | EX: YOU SUCK! | EQ: 736
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got that message when I applied in June. I waited about two hours, then I called the backdoor number. I asked the lady for a status on my app and she said I was approved.
Message 6 of 12
Bella1980
Established Contributor

When I applied I was told to call in to answer some questions. At the end of that call she said I was approved.

When I called back later I was told there was no status and was still processing. However I was officially approved 2 days later.

I checked via this :  https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/acqs/app/displayStatusRequest?vcmpgn=discovercard_com_simplify

you can also just call!!

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied on Monday, received the same message. Checked online two days later and I was denied.

For the rest of the story you can click on my name and look for a title of a thread about my denial.

Message 8 of 12
Miner
Frequent Contributor

I have never been turned down for anything, but I believe in knowing for sure that I'll be approved before applying as I don't want to waste an inquiry and hurt my scores for no reason.  Which of course is why I won't apply to Discover.  As long as my CR says Paid; was 180 days late on my old closed discover account, I don't have a chance even if my scores go to 800.  But I still want to get a card from them so I keep working on them to delete.

Good luck on getting your approval.  Waiting has to be the worse thing.

Message Edited by Miner on 10-25-2008 11:08 AM
Current FICO8: EQ:782, TU:754, EX:767 | 1x 30 day late 6yrs ago
AAoA: 10 years; AAoOA: 13 months; Credit Length: 21 years
INQ Eq: 3 / Tu: 5 (4 for auto) / Ex: 9 (5 for auto)
Message 9 of 12
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I got the 30 day message from Discover a couple of times. The first two times, when I immediately checked the application status at the link they provided, I saw the decline. And this was within 30 seconds of getting the message.

The third time it was there I immediately checked again and didn't see an instant decline, so I called in and was approved. I got approved with a TU of 698, but declined the month before with a TU of 688. They don't like seeing more than half your accounts reporting a balance.  

Here we go again...
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.