Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turned down for Secured CC

tag
jbh
Established Contributor

Re: Turned down for Secured CC

I was there. Orchard is the best and then there is (gulp) First Premier.

The latter is a pain with all the fees BUT you'd have 2 positive trade lines and if you use them just to keep them active and only use 10%, your score will go up sooner. I cost myself a LOT of points earlier on by using 90+% earlier on. Now I am paying them down and look forward to the boost.

Try Orchard first and see what happens. I know that I was in a mess of a position and they took me. Thanks to them I am building good credit (slowly but surely).
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

anca21bi wrote:
I considered BK, but decided to work through all my 23 collection accounts myself.  My fico scores are Eq-476-which just went up yesterday 21 points, Tu-554, Ex-529, I don't know why but once I get my letter in the mail I'm goint to contact them.

If you have 21 collection i'm thinking that's the reason why they wont approve you.

Message 12 of 20
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

When I started repair, I too appd for a secured card (BofA). Also turned down with scores in upper 500s.
Message 13 of 20
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

You worked them through or are working them through?
Message 14 of 20
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

I have already paid off 4 collections account in July and will pay off another in August; with possbility of another.  I will continue to pay off at least 2 negatives a month.  On top of that sending out GW and PDF-this site is my only answer and help to give me the motivation. 
I had a unsecured orchard bank cc that went into collections after I had my baby, so I don't think I can go secured with them.
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

anca21bi wrote:
I have already paid off 4 collections account in July and will pay off another in August; with possbility of another.  I will continue to pay off at least 2 negatives a month.  On top of that sending out GW and PDF-this site is my only answer and help to give me the motivation. 
I had a unsecured orchard bank cc that went into collections after I had my baby, so I don't think I can go secured with them.

Well keep paying it can only get better good luck on your credit success. Maybe after you pay some stuff down your can try to apply again with BOFA.

Message 16 of 20
preci0uz
Regular Contributor

do you have any accounts with BOFA?

Maybe having a savings account?
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

preci0uz wrote:
do you have any accounts with BOFA?

Maybe having a savings account?

In some cases that don't really work i opened up a Wamu account thinking i would have a better chance at getting a CC they denied me with the quickness so most likely that will not help.
Message 18 of 20
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

anca21bi wrote:

I think you need to wait until your picture improves before applying for more credit (secured or otherwise). The longer you can hold off the better you will do
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

jmbfl wrote:

anca21bi wrote:

I think you need to wait until your picture improves before applying for more credit (secured or otherwise). The longer you can hold off the better you will do

I agree.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.