Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Amex cards under one login?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Two Amex cards under one login?

I have a$24,500 BCE and a newly approved $5,500Amex Gold Delta. I recently received an email with registration info and tried to register with my BCE online account login. It wouldn't let me, so I created a new login for Amex Delta. So now I have two seperate logins.
Once I receive the New card, will I be able to get them under the same login? Idk why Amex would make it so complicated to register the new account to an existing login. I certainly dont need another username and password to remember! Hah!

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
romey050500
New Contributor

Re: Two Amex cards under one login?

That's odd. I had 3 Amex accounts in 2006 that were closed in 2008. I applied last weekend for 2 new amex cards and was approved for the PRG and the BCP. When I logged into my Amex account, all 5 accounts showed up. The three old cards were there, and the two new cards without any action from me.

NFCU Flagship Visa 25k - Pentagon FCU Platinum Visa Signature 20k - USAA World MasterCard 10k - USAA American Express 10k - BoA 3, 2, 1 Card 10k - Southwest RR 8.5k - CSP 5k - Chase Freedom 2k - Discover It 2k - Barclay's Arrival 2.5k - NFCU Cash Rewards 2k - Military Star 5.8k - American Express BCP 2k - American Express PRG NPSL
Message 2 of 9
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I had a similar event happen with the same Delta card. I had to wait to get the card and unregister it and then add it to the main account that I have.

Message 3 of 9
broseph23
Regular Contributor

Yeah you have to contact customer service if you want it added to your existing profile before actually receiving the card. They will manually add it for you
Age: 25 | FICO: TU 802, EQ 782, EX 801 | FAKO: TU 778, EX 769 | Garden: 6/2015 | Total History: 7yr 6mo | AAoA: 4yr 2mo | Util: 4%
........24000...............10000.....................6000................7000................500..................5000................18000...............10000
Message 4 of 9
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

I don't have the delta card, but I do have 3 AMEX cards ( BCP, Zync, and HHonors Surpass) all on one login, perhaps call the number on the back of your card and see if they can resolve it, or it may need a call to the EO, not sure if CSR's would have the power to move cards between logins. But I have no experience with the problem.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 5 of 9
vn25
Valued Member

This happened to me. I called tech support and they told me this happens because the system doesn't realize you are the same person that owns the first card (it probably also didn't get auto backdated for you)

Call their customer service and they can fix the online problem and have your member since date adjusted if it isn't correct.
Message 6 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I have a$24,500 BCE and a newly approved $5,500Amex Gold Delta. I recently received an email with registration info and tried to register with my BCE online account login. It wouldn't let me, so I created a new login for Amex Delta. So now I have two seperate logins.
Once I receive the New card, will I be able to get them under the same login? Idk why Amex would make it so complicated to register the new account to an existing login. I certainly dont need another username and password to remember! Hah!

DH had this issue... we got onto Amex support chat to fix the problem... they deleted the duplicate login and put both cards under the same login

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 9
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Calling Customer Service will resolve.  You can merge the two accounts.  And for future reference with any new/additional accounts, there's a method within your AMEX Log In page; there's a prompt to "ADD CARD TO EXISTING ON LINE ACCOUNT" .  That's what I used for my 3 card merge.

Message 8 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Ah.. thanks guys.

Well, I tried the "Add to existing login" thing and it told me that I could not do it.

When approved, I received the account number, as well as a temporary security code. That is what I tried to register it with, and it locked me out a few times, then miraculously created a new account eventually.

I called Customer Service, and they told me to wait until I get my card, so I guess that is what I have to do heh.

I should get it tomorrow or by June 17th according to their system. I can't wait!

Thanks again folks.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.