cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Bank of America accounts combined?

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Re: Two Bank of America accounts combined?

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

Since it's a HP, I would get a cli on the lowest limit card 1st.

since your HP is good for 30 days, call back and move the limits over.

make the most of your HP. Get a 2 for 1 deal. That would be your best move.

Be careful, becuase BofA may be tricky with that. Last time they told me its a HP for each account. So a HP to CLI the Platinum and a HP to move the limits to the Travel Rewards. YMMV

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

That never happened to me. They used the same hard pull for 30 days.
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your insight. I am going to wait a while because I don't want any more hard pulls for a while.

In my wallet: Capital One (secured) 1917; Quicksilver 5000; Venture 15,000; Barclay Apple Rewards 2000; CareCredit 3300; Bank of America Platinum Visa 2000; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Amazon Store Card 5000; Discover 10,000. Total Credit: 51,217.
6/19-FICO: EQ - 782; TU - 769; EX - 681; GOAL: 780 across the board. Gardening until further notice.

Message 13 of 18
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

@icyhot wrote:

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

Be careful, becuase BofA may be tricky with that. Last time they told me its a HP for each account. So a HP to CLI the Platinum and a HP to move the limits to the Travel Rewards. YMMV

Well when I did mine,mthe analyst did my cli , then a week or so later I got my letter in the mail congratulating me on my cli and the amount

and said this ticket/transaction has been resolved, it was a number on there so I called it, and the lady was saying she could move the limits

around. She out it in and it came back an analyst would have to review it. 3 days later they moved $5k from BBR to my travel rewards, 

opened them both up in March 2015. Travel - $2k and BBR - $10k

cli - May 27th

ending results 

travel rewards - $20k

BBR - $7k

no additional pull to move limits

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@icyhot wrote:

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

Well when I did mine,mthe analyst did my cli , then a week or so later I got my letter in the mail congratulating me on my cli and the amount

and said this ticket/transaction has been resolved, it was a number on there so I called it, and the lady was saying she could move the limits

around. She out it in and it came back an analyst would have to review it. 3 days later they moved $5k from BBR to my travel rewards, 

opened them both up in March 2015. Travel - $2k and BBR - $10k

cli - May 27th

ending results 

travel rewards - $20k

BBR - $7k

no additional pull to move limits

Nice! Thanks for the info!

In my wallet: Capital One (secured) 1917; Quicksilver 5000; Venture 15,000; Barclay Apple Rewards 2000; CareCredit 3300; Bank of America Platinum Visa 2000; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Amazon Store Card 5000; Discover 10,000. Total Credit: 51,217.
6/19-FICO: EQ - 789; TU - 776; EX - 681; GOAL: 780 across the board. Gardening until further notice.

Message 15 of 18
icyhot
Valued Contributor

It sounds like all the increases were on one account, you CLI the Travel Rewards then moved your limit to it. So yes one pull. What you advised the OP to do is CLI their Platinum Visa (one HP) then move the limit to their Travel Rewards (another HP)
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 16 of 18
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

@icyhot wrote:
It sounds like all the increases were on one account, you CLI the Travel Rewards then moved your limit to it. So yes one pull. What you advised the OP to do is CLI their Platinum Visa (one HP) then move the limit to their Travel Rewards (another HP)

No, I'm saying this :

Get a cli on both accounts ( in same or separate phone calls ), then wait a week or 2 and call back and have them move limits from

one card to the other. That's what I did. All with 1 HP... My credit limit move went into " needs to be reviewed by analyst " m but was done in 3 days 

with no problem, I will be calling back in January for a cli on my $7k BBR. Once I get it I will be moving some more of that over to my travel rewards 

. To make that a $30k card. 

I don't care about the BBR limit what so ever, that's why that card is my Donor card and will always be my bottom feeder.

hooe what I'm trying to say makes since. I will be home tomorrow and I can post the number you can call to get them to move limits around without going/talking 

to an Analyst,

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@icyhot wrote:

No, I'm saying this :

Get a cli on both accounts ( in same or separate phone calls ), then wait a week or 2 and call back and have them move limits from

one card to the other. That's what I did. All with 1 HP... My credit limit move went into " needs to be reviewed by analyst " m but was done in 3 days 

with no problem, I will be calling back in January for a cli on my $7k BBR. Once I get it I will be moving some more of that over to my travel rewards 

. To make that a $30k card. 

I don't care about the BBR limit what so ever, that's why that card is my Donor card and will always be my bottom feeder.

hooe what I'm trying to say makes since. I will be home tomorrow and I can post the number you can call to get them to move limits around without going/talking 

to an Analyst,

Thank you! I would really like to have that number.

6/19-FICO: EQ - 789; TU - 776; EX - 681; GOAL: 780 across the board. Gardening until further notice.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.