Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two CLI today! Two new accounts.

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Two CLI today! Two new accounts.

I called and talked to Macy's about Major Purchase Account and they said yes, we can open you an account the CL is $2,500 and said I can get the Macy's AMEX also and a CL $1,250. I was very happy. I called HSBC / Orchard Bank about the account going to Capital One and they say mid to late March, I hope it would out for me when it changes. They said also you may or may not get a new card for some time. I asked about a CLI and they looked at my account and say, yes $150 and no AF. I was happy because I had the card for some time now 8 mounts. Today was a very happy day for me! I can get credit again two years after ID theft!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Two CLI today! Two new accounts.

@corymcd88 wrote:

I called and talked to Macy's about Major Purchase Account and they said yes, we can open you an account the CL is $2,500 and said I can get the Macy's AMEX also and a CL $1,250. I was very happy. I called HSBC / Orchard Bank about the account going to Capital One and they say mid to late March, I hope it would out for me when it changes. They said also you may or may not get a new card for some time. I asked about a CLI and they looked at my account and say, yes $150 and no AF. I was happy because I had the card for some time now 8 mounts. Today was a very happy day for me! I can get credit again two years after ID theft!

Wait... you called and they opened a Major Purchase account over the phone for $2500 and you didn't say you wanted to buy Jewelry or Furniture?

Furthermore you didn't even ask about upgrading to Amex and they offered it to you with $1250?

What is your Guildeline on Store Account?

Message 2 of 6
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

Wait... you called and they opened a Major Purchase account over the phone for $2500 and you didn't say you wanted to buy Jewelry or Furniture?

Furthermore you didn't even ask about upgrading to Amex and they offered it to you with $1250?

Major Purchase account was done all over the phone, I called a store and asked about it they said I will call credit and ask. I asked for $1,200 to $1,500 they gave me $2,500 and said my credit was very good and I can get the AMEX if I wanted it. I said Yes, why not. My Macy's store card had a limit of $200 since I opened it and in Jan they gave me $1,200. I was happy and they said I can upgrade the store card.

Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

Major Purchase account was done all over the phone, I called a store and asked about it they said I will call credit and ask. I asked for $1,200 to $1,500 they gave me $2,500 and said my credit was very good and I can get the AMEX if I wanted it. I said Yes, why not. My Macy's store card had a limit of $200 since I opened it and in Jan they gave me $1,200. I was happy and they said I can upgrade the store card.

WOW, You have an extension for that person that knew how to do their job!!!!

I have had some amazing CLI with Macy's but I have had some TERRIBLE reps who knew almost nothing about products and credit.  and you have got to be the first I have ever heard outside 1 lady in store that i was behind checking out getting "Offered" upgrade to Amex.

Now keep in mind you are going to have 2 "NEW" Accounts report to credit and they will be dated as today 2012 regardless when you opened store.

Message 4 of 6
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

WOW, You have an extension for that person that knew how to do their job!!!!

I have had some amazing CLI with Macy's but I have had some TERRIBLE reps who knew almost nothing about products and credit.  and you have got to be the first I have ever heard outside 1 lady in store that I was behind checking out getting "Offered" upgrade to Amex.

Now keep in mind you are going to have 2 "NEW" Accounts report to credit and they will be dated as today 2012 regardless when you opened store.

I have no luck but today I did. All I said that I was a long drive to their store and if I can't get the new account their was no point driving to get a no, witch I'm very use to when it come to credit. I was very happy.

Message 5 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

Congrats!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.