Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Capital One CLI's

tag
lovely222
Regular Contributor

Re: Two Capital One CLI's

I have been checking everyday and still stuck at $750. I have the card since 2008 and was a part of the Credit Steps program. At this point, I'm convinced that Capital One hates me. Smiley Sad Oh well, I am paying the card in full and will not use it anymore!

6/13: FICO TU (Walmart): 750
6/13: FICO EQ (Score Watch): 769
Goal: 780+, 0 Balances, No app'ing! (For real this time!!!)
Message 11 of 13
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Oh Snap!  I was a part of Credit Steps, but just early last year.  Do you get the same "...we are a 'conservative' company..." line when requesting an increase?  (now, I truly dislike that word).  What excuses have they given you over the years and did you escalate it to a Supervisor and explain your years as a loyal card holder?  Not sure if you get annual fees, but I sure did.

Message 12 of 13
lovely222
Regular Contributor

@JayRizzo wrote:

Oh Snap!  I was a part of Credit Steps, but just early last year.  Do you get the same "...we are a 'conservative' company..." line when requesting an increase?  (now, I truly dislike that word).  What excuses have they given you over the years and did you escalate it to a Supervisor and explain your years as a loyal card holder?  Not sure if you get annual fees, but I sure did.

Yes, that is what they told me! Then they said since I've gotten CLIs from other companies and have a lot of available credit I was too risky for them. Well guess what! I won't be using that card at all anymore! Clearly they want me to take my business elsewhere, so that's exactly what I'm going to do. That's my way of sticking it to the man, lol.

6/13: FICO TU (Walmart): 750
6/13: FICO EQ (Score Watch): 769
Goal: 780+, 0 Balances, No app'ing! (For real this time!!!)
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.