cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Chase Freedoms:Add CL's or PC one to CSP?

tag
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

Two Chase Freedoms:Add CL's or PC one to CSP?

So I've had 2 Chase accounts. One is a Freedom, I can't remember what the other was when originally opened. At some point Chase changed the 2nd one to a Freedom as well.

I kind of see this as being pointless having 2 of the same rewards cards.

Question: should I have them combine the two freedom CL's and app for a CSP? Or keep one freedom and PC to csp? Or should I just have them combine the freedoms and that's it?

If I just have them combine the two freedoms would they HP me to do so?

I'd like to avoid any hit to my credit right this minute so I'm tempted to just wait to add a CSP later. But maybe I should just do it now?

Decisions, decisions!?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Re: Two Chase Freedoms:Add CL's or PC one to CSP?

don't bother PC'in one to a CSP. You want the intro CSP offer points and waived AF. I'd just ask to have the limit transfered to the older one and close the newer one.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 2 of 11
bs6054
Valued Contributor

It depends on your spend as well.  Do you ever spend more than $1500 per quarter in the 5% categories.  If so, having two, with no AF, helps you earn more.

Message 3 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Kozmo wrote:
So I've had 2 Chase accounts. One is a Freedom, I can't remember what the other was when originally opened. At some point Chase changed the 2nd one to a Freedom as well.

I kind of see this as being pointless having 2 of the same rewards cards.

Question: should I have them combine the two freedom CL's and app for a CSP? Or keep one freedom and PC to csp? Or should I just have them combine the freedoms and that's it?

If I just have them combine the two freedoms would they HP me to do so?

I'd like to avoid any hit to my credit right this minute so I'm tempted to just wait to add a CSP later. But maybe I should just do it now?

Decisions, decisions!?

I agree with bs if your spend can justify it you can make a good bit rewards bucks.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 11
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

Probably wont spend that much.

If I combine the two credit lines do you guys think they will HP me?
Message 5 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Kozmo wrote:
Probably wont spend that much.

If I combine the two credit lines do you guys think they will HP me?

Shouldn't but you lose the one card. I would consider a PC to something that would benefit you. I would burn a HP for a CSP for the bonus offers.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 11
hayabusa

i would love to trade my csp for another freedom since i can always get it again later Smiley Tongue   two freedoms are harder to get and gets much more points, not that I really need a CSP since I have an Ink as well.

Message 7 of 11
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I was kind of surprised when I got sent a new card and it was turned into a freedom.

My only concern is that I don't want to have to worry about using two cards every quarter for the points. Even though its nice to have I'd like to have something else maybe for travel or something like that.

I don't travel a lot but would If I had some points/miles to help with incentivizing me.
Message 8 of 11
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Yes, but then app for the CSP to get the bonus (whenever you feel you can) and then, if you really can't make use of two freedoms, you can transfer some of the CL of one to the other or to the CSP.

Message 9 of 11
Kozmo
Frequent Contributor

What are the odds of chase being ok with someone having 3 cards?

I'm sure it's ok but I wonder what CL I could expect with a csp. Might be concerned with over exposure?
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.