cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two New Blue Cash American Express Cards!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Two New Blue Cash American Express Cards!!!!!!!!!!!

I just went to American Express website and I noticed they have two new Blue Cash American Express Cards. They are: American Express Blue Cash Everyday and Blue Cash Preferred ($75 annual fee). They offered me to upgrade my Blue from American Express to Blue Cash Preferred.

link:

http://www201.americanexpress.com/getthecard/learn-about/BlueCash-Everyday

http://www201.americanexpress.com/getthecard/learn-about/BlueCash-Preferred

Ron.

Message 1 of 327
326 REPLIES 326
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Two New Blue Cash American Express Cards!!!!!!!!!!!

$75 AF just for a percent increase over the orginal Blue Cash card?  I'll pass!

Message 2 of 327
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Weird.  When I click on view all cards, neither card shows up.  But when I searched by cash back cards, I saw them.

@DI.  The Blue Cash Preferred isn't a 1% increase over the regular Blue card.  They've completely changed the reward structure.  It's 6% on groceries, 3% on gas and department stores, and 1% everywhere else.  And it looks like they've eliminated the minimum spend, so you don't have to get over $6500 before these percentages kick in. 

Now, if you were meaning to compare the Preferred card against the new Everyday card, it still isn't a 1% difference.  The Everyday card is 3,2,1 instead of 6,3,1. 

There may be other differences, I can't see all the details because the site isn't loading properly for me for some reason. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 327
Ron1
Super Contributor

You need to clear your cookies and caches of your browsers. I think it is much better than Old Blue Cash and it has no tier rate. I don't have to spend $6500 to get 5% cash back for supermarket purchases. 

Ron.

Message 4 of 327
Ron1
Super Contributor

I just converted mine to Blue Cash Everyday and I got to keep my old Blue number and interest rate. She told me I'm going to new card within 7 to 10 business days.

Ron.

Message 5 of 327
mahendra82
Contributor

Can I PC my Amex Blue Sky to the Blue Cash Everyday? How soon do you think can I do thisi if possible? I've had my card for two months now. 

Message 6 of 327
Ron1
Super Contributor

Yes, you can.  

Ron.

Message 7 of 327
Open123
Super Contributor

I prefer this one over the regular cash with the 6,500 threshold for the 5%.

Why didn't you guys go for the Preferred with 6%, and 3%.  There's a $100 bonus if you spend $500 in the first 60 days.

Message 8 of 327
mahendra82
Contributor

I just called them. She was about to change it only to find out that they require at least 13 months before a PC. It's a shame since this is a great card for groceries. 

Message 9 of 327
Open123
Super Contributor

@mahendra82 wrote:

I just called them. She was about to change it only to find out that they require at least 13 months before a PC. It's a shame since this is a great card for groceries. 

It's an incredibe deal, especially with the $100 bonus on the Preferred, which pays for the first year's $75 fee.  Then 6% on groceries, 3% on gas and dept stores, and 1% on everything else. 

No limitations espeically the $6,500 threshold on the regular cash.  I mostly use my charge card (and would never hit $6,500 on the regular cash for higher rewards), but this would be great for the supermarket and gas!

This seems like the best deal out there now.  It's way better than Discover More, and better than Freedom which is laden with caps and maximums all over the place.

Message 10 of 327
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.