cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two New Blue Cash American Express Cards!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Re: Two New Blue Cash American Express Cards!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have a charge card, I have the Amex Blue as stated.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 81 of 327
mahendra82
Contributor

@MrShush wrote:

So I'm guessing no one had any success PC'ing a young card (<13 months)...

I'm dying to app for this one. I know this will replace my Discover More as my weapon of choice in my arsenal.

I tried again and informed her that the 13-month rule only applies to product changes that incur changes in fee or rates. She doubled check and told me this was correct. Unfortunately, the only PC available in the system were Blue Cash and Blue. She told me to try checking back a week from now to see if it appears as an option.  

Message 82 of 327
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

It's not changes that matter, it's increases. I think the CARD Act prohibits it.

You can thank Congress for that.

Message 83 of 327
Ron1
Super Contributor

Message 84 of 327
tray
Valued Contributor

@mahendra82 wrote:

Can anyone suggest how I can convince AMEX to go around the 13 month waiting period for a PC? Thanks

I am in the same boat as you and unfortunately it is a no go for us folks how cannot upgrade yet, I have had my blue card for six months now on my amex card page i saw the preferred blue cash card underneath the upgrade section, i took my chance and the end result stated my cards did not qualify, I just don't understand why this card would be there in the first place, i really would have enjoyed the rewards on this card, i quess it is a waiting game now. Congratulations to the rest who have upgraded!!!!

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 85 of 327
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@clocktick wrote:

You know me, I'm chicken, so I went ahead and used my points before converting.

But if you click on the offer to upgrade your Blue, you'll see a description over on the right left that includes the message that you have 30 days AFTER upgrading. There was some little reference number, and if you hover your mouse there, it gives the details.

But like I said, I'm chicken. Smiley Very Happy

To find the upgrade info:

Click the Cards button at the top and select View All Personal Cards

One the screen that then opens up, the left-hand column shows your available upgrades

Click the card you're interested and choose View Details

Click Upgrade Now, and look over on the left, where you'll see this:

Upgrade today and earn even more cash back - 6% cash back on supermarket purchases, 3% at gas stations and department stores, and 1% on all other eligible purchases(1)

• Use your Card for all your purchases and you can earn unlimited Rewards Dollars. Redeem Rewards Dollars for cash back, or choose from gift cards or merchandise.
  • $75 bonus for each friend you refer who is approved for the Card(2)
  • If upgrading your Blue from American Express ® or Optima® Card, reward yourself right away by redeeming the existing Membership Rewards(*) points linked to your Card. Simply visit www.membershiprewards.com to redeem these points within 30 days of upgrading so you can enjoy the rewards you have already earned on your Card. (3)
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • Enjoy all this and more for just $75 a year
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 86 of 327
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Ron1 wrote:

I just checked Amex online and Amex Blue Cash Everyday is now on the lineup. "Transfer available credit  to another card"  option is gone and it was on Amex Blue yesterday. 

Ron.

Same here.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 87 of 327
Ron1
Super Contributor

Today, it show me I can upgrade to Platinum, Blue Sky Preferred and Blue Cash Preferred under Upgrade Your Membership.  It looks like Amex want me to pay more money on the annual fees for their cards.  Blue Cash Everyday Card looks like branded new account  and now "Transfer available credit  to other cards" is gone. The rest of other cards are the same and I still have "Select And Pay Later" option on my Amex PR Gold Card. I wonder if I can use my old Blue while I'm waiting for Blue Cash Everyday. If I use, will I earn rewards towards my new card? Did anyone try use his old card? Do I have to call them to find out or click my spending ability?

Ron.

Message 88 of 327
Ron1
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@clocktick wrote:

You know me, I'm chicken, so I went ahead and used my points before converting.

But if you click on the offer to upgrade your Blue, you'll see a description over on the right left that includes the message that you have 30 days AFTER upgrading. There was some little reference number, and if you hover your mouse there, it gives the details.

But like I said, I'm chicken. Smiley Very Happy

To find the upgrade info:

Click the Cards button at the top and select View All Personal Cards

One the screen that then opens up, the left-hand column shows your available upgrades

Click the card you're interested and choose View Details

Click Upgrade Now, and look over on the left, where you'll see this:

Upgrade today and earn even more cash back - 6% cash back on supermarket purchases, 3% at gas stations and department stores, and 1% on all other eligible purchases(1)

• Use your Card for all your purchases and you can earn unlimited Rewards Dollars. Redeem Rewards Dollars for cash back, or choose from gift cards or merchandise.
  • $75 bonus for each friend you refer who is approved for the Card(2)
  • If upgrading your Blue from American Express ® or Optima® Card, reward yourself right away by redeeming the existing Membership Rewards(*) points linked to your Card. Simply visit www.membershiprewards.com to redeem these points within 30 days of upgrading so you can enjoy the rewards you have already earned on your Card. (3)
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • Enjoy all this and more for just $75 a year

I hate use grab something in a hurry and something I don't need. That's probably me. I don't like them to rush you to redeem the points within 30 days. I'm glad I did n't have to do that. I think I still have all my points and it's not much. I didn't use my Blue in last couple of years and it's only for paying Credit Secure and some internet purchases. It never left home. If i lose the points, it's not going to be a lot.

Ron.

Message 89 of 327
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Ron1 wrote:

Today, it show me I can upgrade to Platinum, Blue Sky Preferred and Blue Cash Preferred under Upgrade Your Membership.  It looks like Amex want me to pay more money on the annual fees for their cards.  Blue Cash Everyday Card looks like branded new account  and now "Transfer available credit  to other cards" is gone. The rest of other cards are the same and I still have "Select And Pay Later" option on my Amex PR Gold Card. I wonder if I can use my old Blue while I'm waiting for Blue Cash Everyday. If I use, will I earn rewards towards my new card? Did anyone try use his old card? Do I have to call them to find out or click my spending ability?

Ron.

Per the CSR I wound up with, as soon as it shows as the new card type in your online account, you can use your current card (the physical plain Blue) and get the rewards from the new program with it. Everything will stay the same on your reports --same account number, same opening date, same credit limit. It's just that you've switched from the Blue rewards to Blue Cash rewards. Once the new card comes, you can use that and cut up the old one.

I went with the Blue Cash Preferred, and it's still showing as an upgrade option on my account, along with Blue Sky Preferred.

As you say, they love to offer the fee cards.

I didn't mind using up my points. I'd been telling myself that I needed to do so anyway, and go ahead and close out the Blue. Glad I procrastinated! Smiley Very Happy --but at least I sort of had an idea what I might want for my gi-normous number of points (7369, woo-hoo)

Message 90 of 327
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.