cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two New Blue Cash American Express Cards!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Two New Blue Cash American Express Cards!!!!!!!!!!!

Craig,

I'm glad you called last night. You might end the old Blue Cash Card. I didn't know there was still option for a short time. Last night, I found the hidden link to apply for the old Blue Cash. It may be available for those people wanting to apply.  I hope that you're right about May 6. 

I didn't use my Old Blue Card that much when I had it. It's till inside the envelope. I used it to pay for internet purchase and Credit Secure.  

Ron.

Message 141 of 327
Ron1
Super Contributor

Most of time they pull from EXP. Sometimes, all 3.

Ron.

Message 142 of 327
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico-ers,

I am very convinced that the Blue Preferred cash card is going to kick the a**es of the competition out there.  For those that complain about the $75 AF - get over it.  If you really take a look at middle America's spending habits, the two necessities that are skyrocketing in price due to inflation is food and gas.

This card gives 6% cash back for groceries out of the gate and 3% for gas with no maximum limits and no minimum tier spend.  Though I won't get one personally because I use my upgraded full MR points AMEX Zync to buy groceries online and from Costco, I recommended my parents back home who do 90% of their food spending at groceries/supermarkets to get this card NOW.

Message 143 of 327
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Fico-ers,

I am very convinced that the Blue Preferred cash card is going to kick the a**es of the competition out there.  For those that complain about the $75 AF - get over it.  If you really take a look at middle America's spending habits, the two necessities that are skyrocketing in price due to inflation is food and gas.

This card gives 6% cash back for groceries out of the gate and 3% for gas with no maximum limits and no minimum tier spend.  Though I won't get one personally because I use my upgraded full MR points AMEX Zync to buy groceries online and from Costco, I recommended my parents back home who do 90% of their food spending at groceries/supermarkets to get this card NOW.

Why don't you get one? Amex Zync doesn't give you cash back bonus on groceries and gas purchases.

Ron.

Message 144 of 327
Ron1
Super Contributor

Message 145 of 327
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Frankly, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see AmEx start to dial down the rewards on this card once they see the usage patterns. (PenFed did something similar, knocking their grocery rebate from 2% to 1% and their overall 1.25% to 1%, although the gas reward is still 5%.)

That being said, I'm going to milk this for everything that I can, including stocking up on non-perishables if and when AmEx announces a change in rewards.

Note: the reward is for purchases made in grocery stores. I haven't seen anything that says that it's restricted for groceries. So as long as the store qualifies as a grocery store (as opposed to a wholesale discount store, for instance), it looks like any purchase goes, including dish towels, cat food, beer/ wine/ etc., DVD's, cigarettes (ugh), plastic lawn chairs, car batteries, garden gnomes, and whatever other wacko thing the store decides to sell. This is different from a sales tax exemption for food, for instance.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 146 of 327
Open123
Super Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Fico-ers,

Why don't you get one? Amex Zync doesn't give you cash back bonus on groceries and gas purchases.

Ron.

Yeah, just use this card for all grocery, gas, and dept store purchases.  Especially if you qualify for the $100 bonus cash back rebate, I don't see what the downside on getting this card just for the bonus categories.

However, if this surgical usage pattern persists, there will be no doubt Amex will reduce the rewards.

Message 147 of 327
DI
Super Contributor

I did the PC to Blue Cash Everyday because of the 3% in grocery.  I may contact AMEX to see if they can start offering 5% Cashback on gas to compete with a competitor. 

Message 148 of 327
Ron1
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Frankly, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see AmEx start to dial down the rewards on this card once they see the usage patterns. (PenFed did something similar, knocking their grocery rebate from 2% to 1% and their overall 1.25% to 1%, although the gas reward is still 5%.)

That being said, I'm going to milk this for everything that I can, including stocking up on non-perishables if and when AmEx announces a change in rewards.

Note: the reward is for purchases made in grocery stores. I haven't seen anything that says that it's restricted for groceries. So as long as the store qualifies as a grocery store (as opposed to a wholesale discount store, for instance), it looks like any purchase goes, including dish towels, cat food, beer/ wine/ etc., DVD's, cigarettes (ugh), plastic lawn chairs, car batteries, garden gnomes, and whatever other wacko thing the store decides to sell. This is different from a sales tax exemption for food, for instance.

They have the right to change the terms of the card any time or shut down the program. It would be a couple of years down the road.  I don't really need Preferred card because my brother and I live together and we don't need buy a lot of groceries like a big family.  Costco Amex  and Simply Cash gave me 3% of cash rebate. So I don't really need that. 

Ron.

Message 149 of 327
Ron1
Super Contributor

@DI wrote:

I did the PC to Blue Cash Everyday because of the 3% in grocery.  I may contact AMEX to see if they can start offering 5% Cashback on gas to compete with a competitor. 

I thought you didn't  want the card. Anyway, Congrats for your new card.

Ron.

Message 150 of 327
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.