cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two New Blue Cash American Express Cards!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Two New Blue Cash American Express Cards!!!!!!!!!!!

Craig,

You might want to keep a new one for a year and then move the entire line to the old Blue Cash. You charge something every month to keep it active instead of the other one.Smiley Wink

Ron.

Message 321 of 327
Ron1
Super Contributor

@craig10x wrote:

you are very welcome Smiley Wink

I should have had a little more patience and waited for this to happen...should have realized they would soon let even newer accounts do the switch...it was probably only because the cards were so new and they hadn't had the chance to change it in their computers...

Craig,

You didn't know they were going to change their policy. 

Ron.

Message 322 of 327
tpatterson2k9
Regular Contributor

I have had my Blue card for only about a month now (which was the start of my relationship with Amex), but I just got the email from Amex that they have approved my request to convert my Blue card to the Blue Cash Everyday card.  Looks like they are letting even their newest customers convert to the new cards at this point.

Starting Scores (lender pull 3/27/10): 759 (EQ), 752 (TU), 749 (EX)
Current Scores (myFICO 4/4/11): 768 (EQ)
Goal Scores: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 323 of 327
craig10x
Regular Contributor

COOL...congrats! Smiley Happy

By the way @ Ron...that is so true...who knew they were going to do that so soon? I thought it might be months...Of course, there was that CSR that told me that it would probably be available soon and to check back periodically...Looks like she was right...

Oh, i called and the very nice CSR closed my newer account by my request...when i explained to her the reasons, she immediately understood...she said...sure that make makes more sense...you'd want to put all your charges on the card with the biggest line...

And although i could have done it online myself, i mentioned about taking it off the AMEX Online...she did it for me in about one minute...

I could always put in for a regular Credit Line Increase down the road...Although the $10,000 line is plenty for my needs...

Do they eventually add the CLI option on your AMEX Online?  I don't have it probably because my account is so new...do you have that on yours?

This worked out great..now i have the AMEX rewards program i want AND the $10,000 line...who says you can't have your "cake and eat it too"???? (lol)

Message 324 of 327
Ron1
Super Contributor

Craig,

I'm glad it finally worked out for you. It took over 1 month to get what you wanted.You can ask for CLI after 60 days for new account.  

Ron.

Message 325 of 327
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

I PD my blue cash to the new one today as well.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 326 of 327
tray
Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone with the advice/tips from this forum I called Amex the morning for the 3rd time and now  I was able to convert my Blue card that I had for 6 months to the blue cash everyday card,  I would have preferred to have the blue cash preferred for the higher cash back percentages but at least I have this card now and in January of next year the rep said I would be able to convert to the preferred card then.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 327 of 327
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.