Established Contributor
bahbahd

Two SP from Discover w/ pre-select offers

I've had two Discover pre-selected offers sent over to me in the past month or so. I just looked on my EX report and saw that they came right after soft pulls of my reports. I though pre-selections were sent out against random criteria being met. If they already pulled my reports, does that lend more meaning to the pre-selected offer?

Valued Contributor
nicholasyud

Re: Two SP from Discover w/ pre-select offers

Pre select doesn't mean approval......
People with low 600 to 700 credit score tend to get a lot of offers like this......

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 9k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 3.4k|Cap: 3.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 5k| Pen:4.5k

Established Contributor
bahbahd

Discover pulls varying reports depending on where you live in the country, right? My EQ is currently locked due to technical problems. My TU and EX are fine, I just need my util to drop after this months reporting. Somehow I charged a whole lot between my due date and the statement date on one of my cards last month.

Valued Contributor
nicholasyud

They usually pull TU
check on who gave me credit......

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 9k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 3.4k|Cap: 3.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 5k| Pen:4.5k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+