cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Secured Cards From Same Bank?

tag
Mutterz

Two Secured Cards From Same Bank?

Would having two secured cards with different account numbers from the same bank (US Bank) help build credit faster or just as fast as having two secured cards with different banks? If they both had a limit of say $3000-$4000?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Two Secured Cards From Same Bank?

why would you like to have such high $ amount held as a deposit?

Message 2 of 4
Mutterz

@Anonymous wrote:

why would you like to have such high $ amount held as a deposit?

So I can get higher credit limits from other banks in a year or so.

Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Mutterz wrote:

Would having two secured cards with different account numbers from the same bank (US Bank) help build credit faster or just as fast as having two secured cards with different banks? If they both had a limit of say $3000-$4000?

FICO wise yes.

Underwriting, probably not. 

Having different lenders on your credit report is nothing but goodness both from the "If you're so happy there why are you applying with us?" factor, along with "Nobody else is taking a chance with this guy?" to the simple fact that most if not all lenders are now pursuing "relationships" with customers so as to not get us to walk away after someone bounced a $58 dollar check on me and I got charged $12... I'm looking at you Chase.  Not a long walk to see that customers who stick with a bank tend to be more profitable in the long run.

In any event distributing your financial resources between various banks is a solid financial defensibility choice as well; banks do have outages at times, and occasionally if you have a critical payment due and for whatever reason the web interface of one bank is down, being able to push that payment from somewhere else can save a lot of fustruation and money.

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.