cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Statements Cut...no Barclay Soft Pulls yet...

tag
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Two Statements Cut...no Barclay Soft Pulls yet...

I'm beginning to wonder whether Barclay is winding down its anal, paranoia-prevoking treatment of new cardholders or I am simply one of the lucky few...

I checked my full credit reports for soft pulls to see whether any ghosts of credit past are seeking to pop in and rain on my home-buying parade in the weeks to come. While I was there, I noticed that Barclay has not softed ANY of my three credit reports in the 2 months since I began using their card. My purchasing with that card has been rather modest...$300 total charged of a $1500 limit, but as of now no balances reporting on either statement.

This lender is the ultimate YMMV, but to those new Barclay card holders who are biting their fingernails wondering if the stray app or slight increase in util will trigger some reactive negative movement from Barclay, I'd say that reasonable management of your overall credit will probably leave you sitting in good standing with these folks Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
casmith1980
Established Contributor

Re: Two Statements Cut...no Barclay Soft Pulls yet...

That's really good to know! 

After I was approved for my Barclay card, my husband and I traded in our Maxima for a Murano.  I've been really nervous about the inquiries from the dealership because I thought Barclay would frown upon it.  I too have checked my Experian report for softies and haven't seen any from Barclay (but I JUST opened my account).

This is going to be a blonde question, but which site do you use to see Equifax and Transunion softies?  I have an open dispute with Experian so I'm able to see that one only Smiley Sad

Thanks!!!

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 2 of 3
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Re: Two Statements Cut...no Barclay Soft Pulls yet...

@casmith1980 wrote:

That's really good to know! 

After I was approved for my Barclay card, my husband and I traded in our Maxima for a Murano.  I've been really nervous about the inquiries from the dealership because I thought Barclay would frown upon it.  I too have checked my Experian report for softies and haven't seen any from Barclay (but I JUST opened my account).

This is going to be a blonde question, but which site do you use to see Equifax and Transunion softies?  I have an open dispute with Experian so I'm able to see that one only Smiley Sad

Thanks!!!

I cheated and used annualcreditreport.com, where you can get all three reports FREE once every year. Maybe others can chime in and tell you how you can get them elsewhere for little or no cost.

I wouldn't worry about inquiries relative to an automobile. Even Barclay understands that most people have to drive to work Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.