PNB
PNB

Two credit cards to pay off

Hello everyone,

As stated in the title, I have two cards to pay off: BAC and JPM cards; both are near their limits. I owe ~$1000 on the BAC Platinum Plus card and ~$650 on the Chase Freedom one. I really want to eliminate this monthly payment thing that has been troubling me for years and be able to have an available balance for once. I got the Chase Freedom card sometime in May/June of 2011 and I had a score around 700 IIRC. I checked last week and it was down to 639. I've had the BAC card since late 2005/early 2006.

I am a full time student that will be graduating in 6 weeks. Luckily, I recently got hired and I can really start to pay things off. Would it be beneficial to pay one card off at a time or split it into two payments each? Or does that not even matter?

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Two credit cards to pay off

I would pay one at a time.

What else do you have?

Why is your score down to a 639? and is this a TU or EQ Fico from this site?

Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 NASA(10-6-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Regular Contributor
TATATA

I would pay off the one with the highest APR (if applicable) first, to save you some money. 

Total CL's combine: $141,800.
PNB
PNB

I also have a collection from EOS-CCA for an ATT bill. Date opened was 12/2011 and DOLA is 01/2012. It is for $37. I'm looking up how to PFD and all that right now. I'm guessing that is what is really hurting my score. Other than that, maybe student loans? But I don't have to pay for those right now. This is from TU directly.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}