PNB

Two credit cards to pay off

Hello everyone,

As stated in the title, I have two cards to pay off: BAC and JPM cards; both are near their limits. I owe ~$1000 on the BAC Platinum Plus card and ~$650 on the Chase Freedom one. I really want to eliminate this monthly payment thing that has been troubling me for years and be able to have an available balance for once. I got the Chase Freedom card sometime in May/June of 2011 and I had a score around 700 IIRC. I checked last week and it was down to 639. I've had the BAC card since late 2005/early 2006.

I am a full time student that will be graduating in 6 weeks. Luckily, I recently got hired and I can really start to pay things off. Would it be beneficial to pay one card off at a time or split it into two payments each? Or does that not even matter?

Epic Contributor

Re: Two credit cards to pay off

I would pay one at a time.

What else do you have?

Why is your score down to a 639? and is this a TU or EQ Fico from this site?

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 700 (04/20/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
80 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Regular Contributor

I would pay off the one with the highest APR (if applicable) first, to save you some money. 

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
PNB

I also have a collection from EOS-CCA for an ATT bill. Date opened was 12/2011 and DOLA is 01/2012. It is for $37. I'm looking up how to PFD and all that right now. I'm guessing that is what is really hurting my score. Other than that, maybe student loans? But I don't have to pay for those right now. This is from TU directly.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.