Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two credit cards to pay off

tag
PNB

Two credit cards to pay off

Hello everyone,

As stated in the title, I have two cards to pay off: BAC and JPM cards; both are near their limits. I owe ~$1000 on the BAC Platinum Plus card and ~$650 on the Chase Freedom one. I really want to eliminate this monthly payment thing that has been troubling me for years and be able to have an available balance for once. I got the Chase Freedom card sometime in May/June of 2011 and I had a score around 700 IIRC. I checked last week and it was down to 639. I've had the BAC card since late 2005/early 2006.

I am a full time student that will be graduating in 6 weeks. Luckily, I recently got hired and I can really start to pay things off. Would it be beneficial to pay one card off at a time or split it into two payments each? Or does that not even matter?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Two credit cards to pay off

I would pay one at a time.

What else do you have?

Why is your score down to a 639? and is this a TU or EQ Fico from this site?

Message 2 of 4
TATATA
Regular Contributor

I would pay off the one with the highest APR (if applicable) first, to save you some money. 

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 3 of 4
PNB

I also have a collection from EOS-CCA for an ATT bill. Date opened was 12/2011 and DOLA is 01/2012. It is for $37. I'm looking up how to PFD and all that right now. I'm guessing that is what is really hurting my score. Other than that, maybe student loans? But I don't have to pay for those right now. This is from TU directly.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.