Super Contributor

Two hard inq's for Macy's Visa Upgrade request

I forgot a month /  month and half ago, I called Macy's and see if they would upgrade my store card to Visa. I totally forgot about that call. Today I check my 3in1 CR and there are two hard inq's, one on my EX and one on EQ. I called Macy's to inquire the status and they said my application has been delclined. What a bummer. They pull 2 hard inq's and then decline my applicaiton. I am wondering if I should call them and close my store card. It does not make sense for me to keep the store card at this point. Why should they do two hard inq's if they are not going to approve it. They could have stopped after the first inq and decline it. I am really upset with this. I am going to call Macy's and ask them to close my store card.
Epic Contributor

Re: Two hard inq's for Macy's Visa Upgrade request

my friend was just declined to after 3 months of waiting.

Yet they have given him 2 huge CLI on store and huge major purchase line of credit.

I don't get it 

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Two hard inq's for Macy's Visa Upgrade request

[ Edited ]

concorduser here is a phone # to Macy's office of the president I called this # after Macy's hit me with an inquire for a cli that was declined. The # did me no good but someone may have luck with it.

1-800-264-0069

Message Edited by cartercorp on 03-12-2009 02:38 PM
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.