Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two or three credit pulls

tag
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Two or three credit pulls

Why do some lenders sometimes pull two or three reports in one CC app?? i know when you recon sometimes they wanna pull another report but what about lenders like CAP ONE who pulls all three instantly???? Do they look at the average score??

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Two or three credit pulls

I dont know why they pull all 3, it might just be because they want to. I would assume cap1 does it because they have a big subprime market, and they want to check all of tour reports for collections and charge offs and stuff. Not everything reports to all 3 CRAs so they might just be covering all their bases.

Why they do it for their prime cards is a total mystery though.

Some people have reported getting multiple pulls on the same report to open one account from some lenders as well. It is just another mystery in the world of credit.
Message 2 of 3
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Two or three credit pulls

majority of applicants are sub prime market with Capital One. With this being said they want to make sure your not hiding anything. With internet these days it's easy for people to play with credit card companies. Like account freezes and credit pull data bases which shows them which cards they can or can not get get approved for determined by which bureaus they pull.

Remember credit system in America is very screwed up, and not all collections are reported on every bureau. Personally I think Capital One is the smartest creditor if I had to decide. Their subprime lending generates great profits by weeding out more bad applicants then offer very good advertising and marketing for their prime customers making sub prime credit card holders not feel ashamed for having a subprime card.  I know some people looked at me funny when I used a first premier card or Orchard in the past -_-;  now the looks I get when I hand a Sapphire or Amex BCP is priceless though =) Damn I wish I had palladium -_-;

I also wanted to add this is why Capital One is also one of the most profitable companies in the world. As well as Amex with their black listing of people who have burned them in the past.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.