Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Types of cards?

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Types of cards?

Just a quick question, but whenever i go somewhere it will say these are the cards we accept and i notice and am wondering what are Maestro, Cirrus, Diners Club? I might be missing a few but those are the ones i can remember. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

Re: Types of cards?

@Skye12329 wrote:

Just a quick question, but whenever i go somewhere it will say these are the cards we accept and i notice and am wondering what are Maestro, Cirrus, Diners Club? I might be missing a few but those are the ones i can remember. 

Diners Club is owned by Discover, they used to be their own seperate credit card company.

Maestro and Cirrus cards are Mastercards owned and basically are debit cards.

Message 2 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@VirusCredit13 wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

Diners Club is owned by Discover, they used to be their own seperate credit card company.

Maestro and Cirrus cards are Mastercards owned and basically are debit cards.

Diners Club International is owned by Discover, many of the Diners Club franchises outside the US are independtly owned.

Message 3 of 4
user5387
Valued Contributor

Cirrus refers to a MasterCard affiliated ATM network.

Maestro is a MasterCard affiliated interbank debit card brand.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.