Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank CC Offer

tag
poops
Contributor

U.S. Bank CC Offer

I did a search on this but, the most recent info was from over a year ago...

I received a pre-selected offer ("Due to your excellent credit, blah blah blah...") from U.S. Bank for their basic Visa Platinum Card. Details are 0% on BT's and purchases for the 1st 12 months. After 12 months, the rate adjusts to 19.99%. OUCH!!

Anyone have any recent experience with these guys. Which CRA do they pull for those who live in IL (NE IL to be specific)? How are they with credit lines?

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: U.S. Bank CC Offer

US Bank has been my main "go to" bank for years.  They have always treated me well.   I have both of their Plat and Flex cards.  However, my rates are 7.25 and 9.24% respectively, but that may be because I have had mortgage, savings and checking accts with them over the years.  They gave me good credit lines, both in the five digit range.  I am in So Cal and they pulled EX for me. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank is EX for HI.

I recently PCed to the Platinum card, but I've had a student card with them since 2010.  I've never had a problem with them online or over the phone.  If they had cards comparable to the big CCCs, I would definitely have more with them.

Message 3 of 5
fedxboy
Established Contributor

I got sorta the same offer in the mail last year, although, my offer was 1.9% for 6 months and then a rate of 16.99%.

Of course, I've been banking with them for the last 7 years and it's so convenient to be able to transfer funds back and forth from checking to Visa for payment.  They gave me a 3500 credit limit and this more than suits my needs.

Opened this card in Aug 2011 and actually -- couldn't be happier!~

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have a checking account with US Bank it's good to have a CC with them to for the free overdraft protection. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.