cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature(r) Card: $50 Cash Bonus via Facebook!!!!

tag
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Re: U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature(r) Card: $50 Cash Bonus via Facebook!!!!

Ron,

so 5% is automatic? does it have the different categories that change every so many months or is it a straight 5% on a certain list of items etc..?

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 131 of 329
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bamagirl1 wrote:

Ron,

so 5% is automatic? does it have the different categories that change every so many months or is it a straight 5% on a certain list of items etc..?

I believe you have to pick categories every quarter.

Message 132 of 329
alph4
Regular Contributor

If anyone could give some insight with past experiences or a reccomendation I would most appreciate it.

I am considering applying for this card, but am wondering if I should apply jointly with my wife or as a lone applicant.

I have a high 700s/low 800s fico score (last checked a few months ago, no changes since) and about 40k in income.

My wife has a low 700s score, with 2 30 day lates and 1 60 day late that have aged just over 3 years.  Otherwise a perfect history. She has a BoA visa and chase visa in her name with low CLs (3200 & 1000) My wife is an AU on my AmEx BCP, Chase SWA, and Citi Forwards (information in sig.)  She has an income in the mid 50k's.

While I know I should be able to be approved on my own, I am hesitant if US Bank would give a $5000+ CL needed for the Cash+ card, since I have relatively high limits on my cards for my income.  Except for the Chase SWA visa, these limits have increased over time.  At the same time, I am hesistant to jointly apply since they may not approve us based on her lates.

If we do jointly apply, should our rent ($1900+) be listed in its full amount for each of us, or should be split it between us. For instance, when applying, it asks for income and housing payments for each person separately.  However, I don't want them to think we have almost $4000 in housing payments per month.

Current Cards:
American Express Blue Cash Preferred - March 2007 - CL $10,000
Citi Forward Visa Signature - September 2009 - CL $6,500
Chase Freedom - March 2011 - CL $15,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - May 2013 - CL $12,500
Discover It - November 2013 - $5,000
Barclay Arrival - January 2014 - $10,000
Message 133 of 329
Ron1
Super Contributor

No, you have to sign up every 3 months before 25th. Ron.
Message 134 of 329
Ron1
Super Contributor

You need at least 740 FICO score to get approved for Cash+. If your score under 740, you might get approved for 1% cash back card. How old is your late? How many inquiries do you have within six months? They are conservative. They don't want to see high credit card debts or BK. Ron.
Message 135 of 329
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just for a data point, I'll put my information as I wouldn't have started looking at this card without this post.

I applied in a branch, because I wanted to do a checking account for the extra bonus. They had a local special going on where you get $75 back to the checking account once you spend $75. On top of that the savings account you have to have when you get a gold/platinum package also gets you a $100 bonus (specifics are once you hit $1000 you get $50, then if you maintain a $1000 for a year you get another $50).

So they said they used a single inquiry for both the account and the card information, though i have not verified this yet. I was instantly approved for $8500/13.99% interest/0% for 9 months. I called the next day to recon and got that increased to 12500 off the same inquiry after answering some questions by an analyst.

Overall so far I am pleased with the process. Well see how the actual percentages and the given bonuses pay out.

Score last month was approx 78X off myfico. i have about 21-22% utilization with approximately 120K+ total line. I have approx 8 credit cards. Yearly income stated on application 130K+. Last new card was approx 18 months ago. I either had one(18 months old) or zero inquires depending on who they used.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Message 136 of 329
alph4
Regular Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:
You need at least 740 FICO score to get approved for Cash+. If your score under 740, you might get approved for 1% cash back card. How old is your late? How many inquiries do you have within six months? They are conservative. They don't want to see high credit card debts or BK. Ron.

If you were replying to my inquiry:

My wife's lates are all just over 3 years old. I have 0 inquiries in the past 6 months. 2 within the past year. And 4 within the past 2 years. (2 of the 4 are background check inquiries for apt leasing.)  My wife has 0 inquiries in 6 months. 1 in the past year and 2 in the past 2 years. (Same thing, both inquiries are apt leasing.)

We have 0 revolving debt and no hint of BKs.  I normally let about $1000 in balances report across my AmEx and SWA cards combined.  However, if need be, I can have these report as < $100 if need be.

Current Cards:
Message 137 of 329
Ron1
Super Contributor

alpha4, Everything looks good except your wife's late. It depends how they looked at your application. How's your credit? How often do you use your credit card? They want to see some cc. payment history. Have you checked your score and credit report lately? You got some good credit collection. Ron.
Message 138 of 329
alph4
Regular Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:
alpha4, Everything looks good except your wife's late. It depends how they looked at your application. How's your credit? How often do you use your credit card? They want to see some cc. payment history. Have you checked your score and credit report lately? You got some good credit collection. Ron.

Thanks for all your input!

My credit I would consider excellent. I should also mention I am an AU on my father's AmEx Green card that dates to 1986.  That card reports 26 years of credit history, and AmEx backdated my BCP to the year I got the AU card (2007.)  But the AU card on my report gives me a 26 year account (I am 25.)  I have no other accounts besides the Green and those listed in my sig.  I also have a student loan taken out in January of this year for $6000 that is paid in full (really just needed for cash flow so I wouldn't have to dip into savings for tuition.  Tuition was reimbursed by my employer in May.)  So I assume that gives me a few points for variance in accounts, but takes away a bit for the relatively recent opening.

Current Cards:
Message 139 of 329
Anonymous
Not applicable

They used a single ex pull FYI.

Message 140 of 329
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.