cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature(r) Card: $50 Cash Bonus via Facebook!!!!

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature(r) Card: $50 Cash Bonus via Facebook!!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied for this card this past weekend as I have opted to remove myself from the mortgage application process for a couple of years.  Currently not a US Bank customer, however, the approval came with a nice limit of $14K that was unexpected. I went ahead and closed two lower limit cards (Old Navy - GE $2,100 and Sony Card - CapOne $5,000) that I haven't used at all this year. I suspect my Citi Dividends and Macy's card will follow soon. 

US Bank currently does not seem to offer EMV chips for the Cash+, but the representative mentioned they are exploring the option. I'm not sure which credit report was pulled for me (DC metro area), but I know that there was no pull on my TU as of this morning.

On a related note, Amex surprised me with an auto-cli sometime this month.  I had no plan of asking them for an increase until next year as I felt the current limit was sufficient enough for my spending and payment habits.

Any idea what your credit score etc. looks like.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 71 of 329
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crashem wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied for this card this past weekend as I have opted to remove myself from the mortgage application process for a couple of years.  Currently not a US Bank customer, however, the approval came with a nice limit of $14K that was unexpected. I went ahead and closed two lower limit cards (Old Navy - GE $2,100 and Sony Card - CapOne $5,000) that I haven't used at all this year. I suspect my Citi Dividends and Macy's card will follow soon. 

US Bank currently does not seem to offer EMV chips for the Cash+, but the representative mentioned they are exploring the option. I'm not sure which credit report was pulled for me (DC metro area), but I know that there was no pull on my TU as of this morning.

On a related note, Amex surprised me with an auto-cli sometime this month.  I had no plan of asking them for an increase until next year as I felt the current limit was sufficient enough for my spending and payment habits.

Any idea what your credit score etc. looks like.

Based on a lender pull last month, the following scores came back,

EQ - 794

EX - 781

TU - 788

Message 72 of 329
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

NBR: Probably EQ in your case, not surprised at your approval with those FICO '04 scores though (I'm assuming they came from a mortgage app).

Congrats on the sweet card.

        
Message 73 of 329
android01
Valued Contributor

Well, I got my Cash+ card in the mail and activated it, but there is still no credit limit reporting on my online account.  So, I called to ask about it and was told by a CSR that the "system hasn't updated yet".   She told me it would report both in my online accounts and the CRA's.  We'll see what USB reports at the end of the month. 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 74 of 329
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are having problems computing the proper numbers to go with your score Smiley Tongue

Message 75 of 329
android01
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They are having problems computing the proper numbers to go with your score Smiley Tongue

Smiley Very Happy

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 76 of 329
etothejomegan
Valued Member

Does anyone know if stuff like mortgage, property tax, car payment, and homeowner association fees count under bill pay 5%?

Message 77 of 329
darkpearl
Regular Contributor

Bill pay has to be set up as automatic for it to count from what I've read, but others can feel free to correct me if that's not true. So it would depend on whether or not you set up automatic payments. It might also have to be an approved bill.... I would call CS and ask?

Message 78 of 329
noobody
Established Contributor

steal from the other forum post by goku2

I called USbank and according to the representative, they say the following SIC/MCC codes qualify as "billpay": 4812-Telecom Equipment sales, 4814 -calls through use of magnetic strip, 4899 Cable,Satellite, and other paid TV/Radio services, 4900- Utilities, Electric, Gas Sanitary and water, 6300- Insurance Sales, underwriting and Premiums....

Also you can check this list to make things more confusing  Smiley Wink

http://visa.via.infonow.net/locator/usa/supplier/NewSearch.do

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 79 of 329
Woolfman
Established Contributor

So for those who were approved and already had accounts with usbank, How long was it after you found out you were approved that you seen the account show up online?
Message 80 of 329
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.